New Concord, OH
Muskingum College DGC Share
Uploaded By: Robert Scott Hole #4 (Taken 7/2009)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Good Campus Course

5+    4/1/2009   4/17/2012
Review By: Reaper1134
Pros: - Great looking campus
- good blend of long/short/wooded holes
- cant have a closer course if you go to college there
Cons: - only 9 holes
- multiple holes next to busy sidewalk
- not well marked
Other Thoughts: Went to college here so I played on this course a lot. Since I went to school here had no problem navigating the course but could be confusing for first timers.

It's a folf course...

1    10/9/2011   10/10/2011
Review By: brianlpowers
Pros: This is a disc golf course... nothing super special about it. It offers a decent variety of tree, open, short, and long holes.
Cons: I never did find Hole #5. Well... I found the hole, but it wasn't anywhere near where it was on the map. I made up a tee box (since that wasn't there either).
Other Thoughts: This is a pretty quick course - played through twice in about 80 minutes. Once I knew where the holes/tees were it made the second playthrough much more enjoyable.

Confusingly nice course

1    10/27/2010   3/3/2011
Review By: tistoude
This review was updated on 3/21/2011
Pros: Muskingum is a 9 hole course located on a very pretty college campus with easy access to Interstate 70.

The course provides a suprisingly nice selection of shots. Most of the holes make a good use of elevation changes and a few require some shot shaping. There is also a good variety in the distance from under 200' to around 450'.

The baskets and tees are in great shape.

The Hole 9 was my favorite hole with the option to go with a big hyzer up the hill around the trees or to try and hit the narrow gap in the trees without going OB on the sidewalk running along the left hand side of the hole.
Cons: The campus does not seem to be very aware that they have a disc golf course even though it seems to be located in a fairly busy section of the college. It took us a while to find someone to direct us to the first tee and you will need to be aware of non-discers.

The tees and pins are not marked so unless you have a map of the course, navigation can be very confusing. If I recall correctly we had navigation trouble on hole 5. I am not positive but we either had trouble finding the tee or the pin. We made up an Ad Hoc hole in its place.

Hole 1 plays over a pretty busy side walk. 3 and 9 also play near sidewalks that have a good amount students using them.

Holes 7 and 8 can get very swampy after a rain.
Other Thoughts: When we arrived at the college my friend and I checked in with the campus security to let them know we were there and to find out where the course was. The people in there had no idea what disc golf was or where the course was. Security did not give us any problems but we had to find a random student walking around to help us out.

This was a very fun little course and is a great place to stop at when you are cruising along I-70.

Make sure to use the map provided to ensure good navigation. Also use Lakeside Drive as your entrance since that will bring you closer to Hole #1's tee that the main parking for the school.

nice campus course

1    7/11/2009   7/11/2009
Review By: Robert Scott
Pros: This is a nice 9 hole course. The tees are some of the biggest I've seen. Nice new baskets with the numbers on them, which helps for the first time here. The grass was mowed and the elevation adds a little to the course layout.
Cons: There are no signs to help locat the tees and right baskets. There is a new bilding being built where holes #5 and #6 were. Basket #5 is not far from basket #4. I did not know were they have been play hole #5 or #6 from, no marked tees.
Other Thoughts: This course was a little hard to find the right baskets with the new building on Holes #5 and #6. The map at http://www.muskingum.edu/home...olflayout.pdfhelped a lot to find the other right tees/baskets.

College Course

1    6/27/2008   1/26/2009
Review By: smythransom
Pros: The holes are nice and they are longer than most college campus coureses, making it worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood, or live near by. Not to many courese in this part of the state.
Cons: No signs, No Maps, No hole markers on tees or pins. You kind of have to guess where to start and where to throw. Maps are in school buildings but if you get there during the summer like myself, you cannot obtain one of these thus finding hole 1 is quite difficult.
Other Thoughts: Nice use of elevation and trees. Once you figure out the course it is relatively good and fun to play. However, it is hard to find if you are just visiting to play.

Tom & Sara's 1st visit

1    8/30/2008   11/3/2008
Review By: kytopbutton
Pros: The campus is beautiful with nice concrete tee pads and baskets. I enjoyed the variety in the layout of the holes as some went downhill and others went uphill.
Cons: We could not find any course maps and gave up after visiting a couple of the dorms. We found the first three holes although none of the tee pads had the nole number or distance posted by them. We got a little confused since some of the holes were in a field a short walk away from the dorm.
Other Thoughts: We saw some deer as we walked through the forest.