2 Helpful / 0 Not
A Bit of a Bad Rap
• Baskets are in pretty good shape, though there is one leaner
• Good use of terrain
• Water fountains and bathrooms
• Easy to find
• Plenty of room to warm-up/practice
• Wind can be very strong. I'm not sure that this is a con per se but it can be perhaps over-challenging
• A little too close to the road on a couple holes (#6 and #10)
• Grass/dirt tees
• Not easily navigable without a map, particularly the back/alternate 9
• Do take the map located here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com.../b893fdd3.jpg
• Basket #1 has clearly been moved because....there's a plane in the way!
• Tee #2 is MIA so do your best to pick a spot.
• It is possible to sail your disc onto the baseball field so do watch your speed/strength and wind direction
• One point of clarity: It states that you need "advanced permission" to play this course. That's not quite true. You just need someone to get you on the base. The course itself is open to anyone.
After reading all those faaaantastic reviews of this course, I was expecting a real dump. But here's the thing: it's not that bad. It's actually a fun little course. It's certainly not on par with the big dog courses in this area but for the piece of land that it's on, it actually presents a fun time with a few challenges. First, there's a steep hill on the back side which introduces a good challenge on a few of the uphill holes, and some great opportunities to let fly and admire your lovely disks on the downhillers. Then there's the fact that most of the baskets are nestled into small groves of trees which means your approach angle on drives becomes critical. Putts are fun too if you're in positions where you can't see the basket clearly. I actually birdied a hole without actually seeing the disk finish. Then you throw in the length (particularly the back 9) and the wind (gusty as frick), and what you're left with is a pretty good challenge. The downsides are the lack of tees. I was slipping quite a bit on drives.
Ok, so it's not the hardest, it's not particularly scenic, and it was dayum hot, but it was quite a bit funner than advertised and where else can you say that you played a hole where a friggin' plane is in play?!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Wide open hilly course
Pros: wide open - can not lose disk....great for beginners
Cons: hilly....not much of a challenge for advanced players....windy at times
Other Thoughts: great starter course.....on a military base.....be careful of nearbye traffic
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.