1 Helpful / 3 Not
Caught in a Landslide
Pros: - Amazing course with a great view of the mountains
- A good variety of challenges (elevation changes; hills and drops) (trees; hyzers and anhyzers)
- Water hazard around hole 2 (which I would say is one of the signature holes)
- Good long range distance on holes 2, 8, and 9 (depends on position apparently, they change it up every so often)
- A nice 9 hole course in the city of Boulder (which apparently doesn't have too many of them)
- Cement pads are in great conditions with the number of the hole imprinted into them.
- Baskets are in great condition, all looked pretty much the same style.
Cons: - Holes 5-7 are too short: Ends up being putter/mid-range holes
- No signs to direct you around the course. A map is a good idea (check the media) but you could also ask since this place is pretty crowed.
- As stated above, this is a very crowed course since it is the ONLY course in Boulder without having to drive to Denver or Colorado Springs
Other Thoughts: - OVERALL: a great course, great setting with the mountains (I am from out of state so of course they are AMAZING looking compared to what we have in Michigan) With the side affect of it being crowed all the time, I think that would be saying something to what the course is like and how it handles) Gave it a 4 because of the quality, probably down a point since it is not up to par with FlipCity or such. Even with crowds or not.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: This course has great tee boxes, great chains, a pretty good variation in altitude for where it is, and spectacular views of the Flatirons. Happy people abound and will always at least say "hi," if not more. It's located right in South Boulder, a 10 minute drive max from anywhere in town.
Cons: No official par numbers
Other Thoughts: The city has made great use of this patch of grass. The fact that they could squeeze this course into South Boulder outweighs the fact that there are only 9 holes. I don't think a course should be judged by the number of holes it has, but rather by the quality of holes it does have. This course is a fantastic place to spend Sunday afternoon with some friends and some beers. I have played this course at least 20 times, and have never had a bad experience. In fact, I've had nothing but a blast everytime I've played here!
3 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.