Charlestown, RI
Ninigret Park Share
Uploaded By: JAKE master Hole #5 (Taken 10/2012)

I could see walking off

1    9/9/2009   2/28/2010
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: When I played this was the only option to bag a course in the Ocean State. It was a good excuse to get off of 95 and go up route 1 to Providence. The terrain and some of the plant life is similar to that of what you can only find near the ocean but still nice and woodsy like much of New England. The fairways are tight and thickly lined. There is very good land here that with the right TLC would be a great course. I have to admit that was digging the scenery and was pulling some good shots out there and didn't initially want to give the course that bad of a grade.
Cons: My buzz was destroyed by walking aimlessly for a missing basket. I played near dusk and the bugs were feasting on me. There are misleading signs of an old 18 hole layout all over the place that should be disregarded. I got turned around looking for hole three and was luckily given the low down on the layout and the true nature of number three, when I ran into a pack of locals. Sometimes the locals bring their own basket as a temporary target. 2 to 3, 4 to 5, and 7 to 8 are all a confusing crisscrosses that could use some good signage. I was in a patient mood so I was able to battle through, but I imagine if I didn't take a good couple phone pics of the map before hand or, if I just was just not feeling it out there, I would have packed it in and left.
Other Thoughts: I can attest that I saw the club members out there enjoying the course and I imagine there is a good and fair amount of work that has been done since I was there. It was a very interesting place in that it used to be a military base of some kind and now there are streets to nowhere and overgrown foliage that is perfect for a disc golf course fairway. When I played it was a short time after a music festival and there were many dozen portable toilets everywhere, which is always a welcome sight to me. I would only recommend this course to other travelers who have the need, for whatever reason, to check Rhode Island off their lists.

Needs a Little Work

1    10/23/2009   10/23/2009
Review By: KazamaSmokers
Pros: Holes 1 and 2, and 8 and 9 are fine. The course is laid out so that you wind up back near where you parked your car.
Cons: The only real parking is on the shoulder of the road. Hole 3 is temporarily gone because of construction work, and you have to make your way to the far end of the course to find hole 4. The only map is at Hole 1, so it's almost impossible to find your way to Hole 4 to continue play. You'll probably wind up stumbling upon it after a great deal of searching. Also, the small bridge over the gully behind Hole 2 wobbles dangerously and is going to collapse some day soon.

Other Thoughts: This is the only course left in Rhode Island? That seems crazy. Certainly there must be some place in the Ocean State for a nice, well-kept 18-hole course.

UPDATE: I understand that this course is a work-in-progress and that a lot of hard work has been done updating it. As it is right now, it's a half-decent course with a lot of promise and should be a much better place to play in the near future.

where is the rest of the course

1    9/26/2009   9/28/2009
Review By: sage0662
Pros: the ground cover is not to dense and there were enough trees to make a few blind holes more difficult. there were also 2 or 3 pads for each hole.
Cons: there were 2 or 3 pads for each hole, making it hard to define what threw on each hole. there is almost no sinage, except that 3 was often "missing", I was not able to locate most of the holes in order and stumbled on a few baskets that appeared to have no pads....
Other Thoughts: the first 2 are great holes, tight and in a nice section of woods. after losing 3 and trying to find the rest of the course it went out into what appeared to be a old parking lot area, maybe a old camping area? I found and played a couple other holes, but not coming close to a full 9.