Charlestown, RI
Ninigret Park Share
Uploaded By: JAKE master Hole #5 (Taken 10/2012)

Not Much Fun

1    10/18/2013   10/24/2013
Review By: wentzl
Pros: The sign at the start of the course says "Only Course in Rhode Island". Well marked with signs to follow the course.
Cons: Illogical course layout has you walking back and forth over the same ground more often than you want. Thick brush make the longer holes just a crap shot to see if you can find your disc.
Other Thoughts: Scrubby and uninteresting

OK Course

1    5/12/2012   6/28/2012
Review By: dj cabron
Pros: Good course, fun to play and the locals were fun to chat with.
Cons: BEWARE OF TICKS!!! I was very shocked that there were no signs posted anywhere regarding the huge problem of ticks that carry Lyme Disease in this area. We were loaded with ticks when coming out of the park. Remember to check yourself and I would not bring any pets along.
Other Thoughts: This course played very well and I did enjoy the views and environment. I would recommend playing this in the winter when there is no threat of ticks.

Misquito Heaven!

1    8/5/2011   8/9/2011
This review was updated on 12/3/2012
Pros: First of all, can someone please explain to me how a course with eight (8), that's E-I-G-H-T, 8 baskets gets listed as an 18 hole course. Even when the seemingly pulled basket # 3 is returned, that makes this a 9 basket course with dual tees. That is not a 18 hole course fellows. If there are three pads for each basket, it's not a 27 hole course.

I wasn't fortunate to get any help from locals. The only locals I encountered were about a bizillion misquitos who swarmed and feasted on me as soon as I teed off from # 1. Applying liberal doses of repellant numerous times didn't seem to dissuade the little bastards even a smidgen. So I must admit, the rest of my review was only glimpsed through the rear view mirror on my disc golf bag as I flew through this course as fast as my old legs could carry me. The fairways were fairly narrow with thick underbrush. I could see spending a fair amount of time hunting for discs here. There are some tee signs and the baskets that I found were numbered. There are two or maybe three teepads for each basket but I'm pretty sure there are currently only eight (8) basket. A nineth is on the way. According to my 2011 census, there are 67,312 misquitos per each hole. And each one is hungry!
Cons: Beside the pesky little misquitos, I got pretty lost after # 4. I finally found and played # 8 and # 9. # 9 from the short pad is only about a 100 feet. Truthfully, by this time, I just wanted to get the hell outta Dodge.
Other Thoughts: This is the first time I ever been able to write this in a review but here it is. If I lived in this state (Rhode Island), I'd go to another state and play.

Okay-Since I now understand there are 18 baskets instead of the 8 when I played and I hear there is some?? signage, I've raised my previous 1 to a more reasonable 2. If and when I return to Little Rhody, I'll play here again and maybe raise my rating some more!

Come on RI get some more courses or make this one better.

1    10/10/2010   10/19/2010
Review By: gottafixit
Pros: - course overview map with note that hole 3 is removed
- dual if not triple tees
- hole vareity
- defined fairways and tees
- Tee signs and the baskets were numbered
- Located in a very nice park, and a view of a nice pond by 1
Cons: - Hole 3 is missing
- Course navigation is rough as 1, 2, and 9 are up front and then you have to walk to 4, then kind back to five then back to 6(same spot as 4, and then 7) then back again, the past five to 8.
- triple tee spot for 4,6, and 7
- no take with maps to aid navigation
Other Thoughts: For the only remanding course currently in RI you really hope for quality but sadly this isn't a destination course. It is not that bad of a course if your a local as something is better than nothing, and the holes do have some vareity and challenge to them(at least dual tees). I thought the course had been pretty well groomed when I played and the tees where well marked with signage on most. The other nice little thing was that the baskets were numbered as well(you would be amazed how many courses don't have this). The killer for this course is the layout. On there own the holes are nice but when you linked them up the way they are you end up getting confused and doing some back tracking if you want to play them in order. The rest of the park is quite nice and it's a same they couldn't get alittle more land for DG.

As the only course Currently in RI you want this to be worth the trip, and if your driving up 95 it's not that bad of a detour, however much further than that and it's only for those hardcore state baggers.