Sanford, NC

MEHHHH

2-4    11/25/2011   12/4/2011
Review By: pkbeast
This review was updated on 1/22/2012
Pros: Not a bad little course, and old school as heck. Lots of tight technical turns and places to splash OB. pretty good overall layout, tee pads are pretty well done.
If you like throwing thumbers through tight woods this course is for you. Any decent thrower can score in the -'s on this course without much effort. It is a nice little course for putting around and practicing midrangs/utility shots.
Cons: Putt Putt course. Front nine had no holes over 200feet it seemed and the majority (90%) were just straight shots at the basket with little to no turns. Very bland. If you can throw it straight 200 feet you can -5 or -6 this course
very easily. THICK leaves. friends lost 3 discs in 4 holes, all 100% covered with 3-4 foot deep dead leaves. next to no maintenance and the holes are ON TOP of each other in some cases people driving almost over you going the opposite direction. A little confusing on the layout when you switch to the back nine as well. some signage would be nice.
Other Thoughts: Its an OG course, I understand. It needs a facelift, bad. It cant compare to any other course Ive played, even just 9 hole courses are more fun to play twice than this in most cases.

C = Too much of too little

1    9/14/2007   4/23/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- C
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C-
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- NA
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.