Hartford, KY
Ohio County Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: wooslekg Hole #2 (Taken 1/2010)
Hole #2 Approach

Only so-so

1    8/9/2012   8/10/2012
Review By: UKfan
Pros: This course has a nice mix of open and wooded/technical holes. It is nice for a course to have some holes that allow you to reach back and try to throw. My favorite hole on the course is a 600' hole in the open guarded by some relatively short trees near the hole.
Cons: The maintenance of this course was not good. The tree holes on the day I played it had apparently not been mowed in several weeks and the grass was thick and very high. The open holes also had not been mowed in at least a couple weeks. Most of the tree holes were blind shots to Discatcher baskets which were difficult to see anyway while hidden in the woods. The signs were not particularly helpful other than showing whether the basket was right or left. I did not see any snakes but because of the maintenance situation it concerned me. A couple of the "open" holes required long anyhyzer shots with narrow landing areas that were very close to the out of bounds. On one such hole I threw a good shot and was almost at the blind out of bounds on the right side. Better maintenance might result in a slightly higher rating for this course.
Other Thoughts: To be fair, I only played this course one time. I usually do not review a course after only one time, but I will not be returning to this course. If you have any other options I recommend that you take them or that you drive to Bowling Green or other courses in the area.