Coeymans, NY
Hole #8 Approach

The Boulder Course

2-4    6/8/2013   6/10/2013
Review By: lcra0825
Pros: - Decent mix of wooded and open holes ,Although if you are playing all 27 holes it seems you spend a long time in the woods
- There are tee pads and descriptive signs at every hole
- The holes are linked together in separate loops which allows for different ways to play 18 holes if you do not want to play all 28 holes
- Rocky terrain provides some fun climbing opportunities
- Baskets are nicely placed between boulders
- The park seems well used by picnicers but the course stays out of the way of all the non disc golf users
- This is a heavily wooded course that requires a lot of control. If you can control your disc you can do well even if you cant throw very far.
Cons: - Some more advanced players may not find this course very challenging because there are not any real monster holes. It is more about control.
- There seemed to be a lot of repetitive holes through the woods (In many of the wooded holes the basket is in between two boulders) and none of the holes really stood out to me
- The terrain is awfully rocky and rough and It seems you could sprain an ankle of fall pretty easily if you aren't prepared
Other Thoughts: The main theme of this course seems to be really big boulders which are nice for a few holes but after a while it gets repetitive. I found it pretty exhaustive playing 27 holes so if you live close by and can play this course frequently I would suggest playing different combinations of eighteen holes. The course might not seem so repetitive in that case as well. In all this is a very solid course but there is not enough here to make it one of my favorites.

Pleasant stop in NY

1    7/26/2012   7/27/2012
Review By: billcoke
This review was updated on 7/30/2012
Pros: Course in great shape, must have a dedicated team of people that care for the course. I didn't have a map but was easily able to navigate the 18 hole layout my first time today.
I think that the woods holes that start at hole 10 are far tougher and more scenic. I didn't have time to play all the woods holes but 10, 11, & 12b were very interesting. The other holes in the 18 hole layout were enjoyable to play.
Cons: Although the holes as well thought out and present different challenges they do tend to run right up to each other and present the problem of overthrows clipping someone on another tee/basket.
Other Thoughts: I think that this is a great course for a beginner to advanced player but could see a pro not being challenged.

1    8/7/2011   8/8/2011
Review By: bradharris
Pros: There is a lot of variety throughout the 18 hole loop that I played. There are some opportunities to throw big bombs as well as some tight wooded finesse holes that test your line shaping ability.

There is a nice big field by the first tee that is great for warm-up and practice throws.

Nice proximity to the I-87 makes it easy to get to if you're just passing through (as I was).

Low tech signs at each hole show all the needed information. Shape, obstacles, distance and even clever names are shown at each tee.
Cons: I had a lot of trouble with navigation on this course. The layout is not particularly intuitive and the next tee signage is not particularly helpful. I spent quite a bit of time wandering around trying to figure out where the next hole was. In particular, going from 9 to ten across the road and then 12B to 13 back across was very confusing.

No trash cans on the course. Be prepared to pack it out.

The gravel tee pads seem particularly susceptible to puddling. It rained briefly when I first arrived and a few puddles had already started to form. With more significant rain most would've been muddy with quite a bit of standing water.
Other Thoughts: Note that this review is based only on the 18 hole loop rather than the alternate 27-hole layout. Due to the high heat and humidity when I played, I had to cut my round short.

This is a great road trip stop because of it's proximity to I-87. I had some extra time while driving through the area and was at the course maybe five minutes after getting off the highway.

Home Field Disadvantage

5+    3/1/2009   3/2/2009
Review By: Mike Nuchins
Pros: Plenty of varied holes, long open fairways to tight wooded shorts where a shanked drive spells doom. Well guarded pins. Benches at most holes. Large Pavilion in the center of the park for meeting up or picnicing. Beautiful layout during all seasons. Friendly, knowledgeable group of local players committed to the upkeep and improvement of the course. Plenty of parking.
Cons: Tee pads are ice magnets in winter, mud puddles in summer, though this is scheduled to change. Dirt Bikes/ATVs/Snowmobiles a constant annoyance. More trash cans would be nice. Port-a-potties removed in winter months.
Other Thoughts: This course beats me every time I play it. As a rookie I've been playing this course for close to a year, as it is the closest to my hometown of Albany, NY. Despite the fact that it gets the best of me quite often, I love this course. Locals have also come up with a "Safari" 9 hole course, all par 4, as follows:
#1) tee 1 to hole 14
#6) tee 7 to hole 8
#7) tee 8 to hole 2
#8) tee 12 to hole 13
#9) tee 14 to hole 1

A nice change from the regular 18 hole course, or a good 27 hole day...

A little bit of everything

2-4    7/31/2008   10/10/2008
Review By: nickstaudt
This review was updated on 11/1/2009
Pros: Excellent mix of some open holes and some technical wooded holes. Alot of different shots are required and no holes have a sense of being repeated. I like how some of the holes have the basket elevated and placed atop the rock outcrops which makes the course unique and gives the course its own identity. Pavillion. Good flow from hole to hole and I didn't find it very hard to navigate my first time without a map. The course has a little bit of everything. Excellent pin placements.
Cons: Hole 18 is my nemesis. I get off the fairway and ruin my round every time. I would like to see cement tees. Not much else really without nitpicking, the course is very good.
Other Thoughts: Very fun to play and very challenging, i wish i lived closer, i'd be there all the time! Definately worth your time. I haven't been back since they added the new holes, but I'm sure they are just as good as the original 18.

My Home Course

3/21/2008   3/23/2008
Review By: bizzydizzle13
Pros: The course is challenging in the right ways! It doesn't take a super strong arm to perform well here. Although, there are holes where a long drive can be very rewarding. Well placed shots are invaluable at Joralemon.
Cons: Because the course is located at a public park, it can't be groomed like some players (myself mostly) would like it to be. There seems to be a number of low hanging branches that could further open up the fairways and allow for even more spectacular shots.
Other Thoughts: Overall, the course is maticulously maintained. It is protected by the shade of the woods. Each hole has a look and character to it that make it unique.

Even fun in the snow

1    12/23/2007   12/23/2007
Review By: Godard
This review was updated on 8/17/2009
Pros: Just the right length for me. Lots of 250-310 foot holes. Great use of the rocks. Many holes have alternate paths and tricky decisions. Good mix of open and wooded. Signs are excellent.
Cons: Last four holes are too similar. Hole 13 seems unfair with no clear path to basket. Tee boxes not finished, could use more benches, etc.
**** The final holes that I was complaining about have been removed, and the course is now 27 holes. Can't wait to play it again soon!!! ****
Other Thoughts: I can't wait to come back in the spring. The final holes might be tougher with more foliage.