Greenacres, FL
Okeeheelee Park Share
Uploaded By: Stud Muffin Hole #6 (Taken 12/2011)
-- / --   3 / 310ft.   3 / 450ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Where's The Course?

1    7/6/2009   7/6/2009
Review By: Roller Coasters
Cons: There are marked trees, but that is all.
Other Thoughts: I had heard at the last tournament I attended that Okeeheelee Park was going to be the new home of the March Fabulous Florida Tour stop in Fort Lauderdale. I decided to check out the course, thinking that actual baskets may have gone in and that it was going to be a top notch course. Nothing seems to have happened yet. After much searching I found some marked trees, which are supposed to be the holes. They are marked with two pieces of police tape, one high and one low. Presumably, the target is between the pieces of tape. What I was not able to find were any other things that usually make up a disc golf course. I searched near half of the holes for anything that might be considered a tee area. Not only were there no markings, there was no worn spots that would give a hint as to where a tee might be. There were also no markings on any of the tree targets as to which target they might be. I was very disappointed, because it is a really nice park. I did get a little excited, when I found a disc near one of the marked trees. I called the number on the bank, thinking that this person could guide me as to how the course was played. It turns out that the owner of the disc had never even heard of the park and hadn't even played in Florida for over 6 years. He was living in Iowa now. You would think that the person who stole his disc could have at least put his own info on the back. Oh well, he did tell me to keep the disc with his compliments, so I got that going for me. After driving all around the park looking for other players or any other signs of course markings, I gave up and headed back to my hotel. Unless you know someone who was in on setting up the course, don't bother driving out to this park. It has the potential to be a good course, but as for now, it doesn't appear to even BE a course at all.