Pros: - Quick play when not crowded
- Well maintained
- Beginner friendly
- Recent remodel
Cons: - Crowded
- Crowded with non-discers
- Multi-use park
- Lots of Newbies
- inconsiderate park users
Other Thoughts: If you find the rare moment when you have the park to yourself it's nice. I dislike taking an hour and half to play a little 9 hole course... especially when it's because of inconsiderate players and non discers.
Hard to find typical 9 hole
Pros: This 9 hole course is hidden in one of the many green belt parks between office parks in the Hillsboro/Beaverton area. I played a couple and this isn't one of the best examples.
It is a well appointed course, well done pads and signs on all holes. Park itself is nice and has trash cans and bathrooms. They used the area to have a couple different shots so it isn't a wide open pitch and putt.
Cons: Big ones are it is a very busy park and course and the layout is very tight so if you go for that tempting drive and are off very much at all there is a good chance you will be hitting someone. Some drives are blind and close to next tee, again a hazard to hit someone.
The park itself was hard to find, I drove around it twice even having looked up directions on line. very rare for me. No city signs, at least that I saw, leading to park, also rare.
Other Thoughts: An interesting place and good use of greenspace but a course to be avoided when busy. Much better courses close.
Okay Neighborhood Park Course
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Good, but small, tee pads.
Great signage - easy to follow.
This is a decent neighborhood park 9 hole course, great for taking first time players, working on your short game, or just cranking out a fast 18 on a lunch break.
Cons: Lots of straight or slightly left to right shots without many serious obstacle to work around. This may be improved in a couple year as the trees grow on the front half of the course.
Other Thoughts: Marked alternate, longer, tee positions would be nice.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
The Fisher Price basketball hoop of disc golf courses
4 Helpful / 2 Not
- This course has nice Mach 3 baskets including a practice basket.
- Every hole has concrete tees
- This course is underwhelming at best. Pitch and putt in the worst way possible. I like short holes but not these ones.
- Tons of wood chips around the tees leads to tons of woods chips on the tees and lots of slippage.
- Orchard park has little to no shot variety.
- The park has lots of foot traffic, pack golf and 'carriers' who know nothing of disc golf etiquette, often times driving in on greens with golfers still putting out.
- The parking lot is small and often crowded.
- The holes are really crammed into a small space.
- This is basically the 'fisher price basketball hoop' of disc golf courses - it's for little kids and should not be enjoyed by anyone who owns a disc golf bag.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Its a beautiful coarse
Holes are set up pretty good
good place to take kids and family
easy to find the goals
Cons: pretty short coarse
most of the holes you can hit in 1 or 2 shots.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: super fun!
great for kids or noobs
easy to find wild throws
nice tee pads
right next to the road
Other Thoughts: all in all this is a great warm up 9er, i play this course all the time with my 10 year old nephew.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Several things come to mind when I try and decide whats a good course and a bad course, so here are the check off's on my own personal list for postitives:
1. Great tee pads at every hole
2. Nice hole info at each one
3. resting spots on some holes
4. Respectable length, more for beginners versus someone who is looking for a challenge.
5. Well maintained and nice boundary lines set up
6. Easily navigable.
7. Has enough space for an extra 9 if anyone puts forth the time and effort.
Cons: 1. easy par
2. right on the high way (easy to find, but who wants to listen to traffic when your trying to escape?)
3. Cigarrette nazi's, so be careful when your puffin.
4. Not a lot of variances of hole types.
5. Seemed too short to fully enjoy.
Other Thoughts: The thing you have to remember is that it's just a 9 hole, kind of a stop by quick play, so when i say its lacking in length, it really makes up for it with the OB's set up on each hole. Most of the shots are very open so they designated some barriers that make it kind of difficult. It's nothing to be empressive but for a small course the pro's definitely outway the cons. It's a beautiful area and up keep is top notch.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Lots of open space.
Short, short, short, all holes are birdie-able.
Good warm up course if you're doing a tour.
Cons: DONT GO RIGHT!!!! All out of bounds is too the right, so catch a gust on a skybound disc, and you're wandering through the 8 foot tall grass for a while.
2 of 7 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
awesome little course
Pros: -Verry nice big cement teepads
-nice baskets, in great condition
-Easy to navigate
-short course that is good for beginners
-short holes make aces a real possibility
-hard to lose discs
Cons: -Not verry challenging
-small parking lot
Other Thoughts: This was a fun course, Although it was verry short. Almsot got a few aces
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Good Beginner Course or Quick Round
Pros: Easy to navigate.
Good use of OB and mandatory throws. You have to know how to throw fading to the left and right.
Nicely kept w/nice tee blocks, signs, and baskets.
Hard to lose discs.
Cons: Very crowded.
All the baskets can be reached in one throw by a descent player. Good and bad I guess. Not challenging, but at least it's a good opportunity for an ace.
Other Thoughts: Ultimately a great course for beginners or players looking for a quick round and chance to work on their short game. Expect to play it a couple times since it is only 9 very short holes (longest is 300 ft).
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.