3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Several things come to mind when I try and decide whats a good course and a bad course, so here are the check off's on my own personal list for postitives:
1. Great tee pads at every hole
2. Nice hole info at each one
3. resting spots on some holes
4. Respectable length, more for beginners versus someone who is looking for a challenge.
5. Well maintained and nice boundary lines set up
6. Easily navigable.
7. Has enough space for an extra 9 if anyone puts forth the time and effort.
Cons: 1. easy par
2. right on the high way (easy to find, but who wants to listen to traffic when your trying to escape?)
3. Cigarrette nazi's, so be careful when your puffin.
4. Not a lot of variances of hole types.
5. Seemed too short to fully enjoy.
Other Thoughts: The thing you have to remember is that it's just a 9 hole, kind of a stop by quick play, so when i say its lacking in length, it really makes up for it with the OB's set up on each hole. Most of the shots are very open so they designated some barriers that make it kind of difficult. It's nothing to be empressive but for a small course the pro's definitely outway the cons. It's a beautiful area and up keep is top notch.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
awesome little course
Pros: -Verry nice big cement teepads
-nice baskets, in great condition
-Easy to navigate
-short course that is good for beginners
-short holes make aces a real possibility
-hard to lose discs
Cons: -Not verry challenging
-small parking lot
Other Thoughts: This was a fun course, Although it was verry short. Almsot got a few aces
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Signage is good, tees are large and well maintained with few hazards if you overstep your drive. The course is well-maintained with good use of OB and mando trees. Left-to-right playing holes make shot/disc selection a factor.
Cons: Somewhat crowded, short. OB can creep up on you for a couple holes. Few holes share fairways and you can encounter other groups playing in to your drives. Walkers seem oblivious to the danger of discs.
Other Thoughts: Close to MAX so mass transit to this course from the city is relatively painless.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 1 Not
Nice quick, relaxed course
Pros: - short and sweet. great for a quick 9 on the way home.
- Park is clean and well-maintained
- perfect flat course for the novice.
Cons: - Hole number 2 needs a new sign. the hole has been moved but the same sign was used.
- no elevation changes, except on hole 7.
- minor nit: course is "stuffed" into a small city park.
Other Thoughts: There's really not a lot to say about this course. I use it often because it's a mile from my office. It's 9 holes, nothing over 300. I usually play two rounds in just over an hour.
There is one hole in the woods (#7, my favorite) with a slight elevation change, and the rest are flat.
This is a very popular and somewhat crouded course, yet everyone is relaxed and friendly, and ready to allow you to play through if they lose a disc or want to take a break.
The course does feel a little cramped at times. Discs(mine included) often land on the wrong fairway.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.