Small park 9 with some elevation.
Pros: The course is set in a multiuse park. The disc golf stays away from other activities nicely and it wouldn't seem to be to busy ever. The baskets are Mach 2s and these caught just fine. The tees are crushed gravel. These are ok. There's a good uphill shot on hole 4 and the pin is on a hillside on hole 1. This uses the terrain well. The last holes are more open and bland. The distances here are all pretty similar but nothing is really too short or too long. There's signs by most of the holes with the basic info on them. There's a nice board with any disc related info on it before hole 1. There is a practice basket before hole 1 which is nice to have.
Cons: These crushed gravel tees aren't the best. It'd almost be better to just have grass. There's a small stream that runs through the later holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a typical park nine hole. There's nothing that really makes it worth coming back to play again or really go out of your way to play. If you're in the area give it a shot. We played it with the 2 nines in kiel and new Lisbon. This made all 3 more enjoyable.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice small town course
Pros: 1) Tee signs at each tee with distances listed and hole #. Also a nice large sign at the entrance welcoming us to the park and displaying the course map.
2) Tees arent the worst gravel I have seen. They must hae been compacted well, but they are still a little rutted. At least the gravel is tight and hard so there isn't worry about loose footing.
3) Practice basket availble between parking lot and first tee.
4) Nice variety of shots needed on this course. There are a couple open bombers, there are the two shorter but tight wooded holes. One massive uphill hole and the rest are fairly level but they all have at least one obstacle to avoid. There are a couple decent basket placements too, which really helps to add a little challenge to a fairly simple short course.
5) The course does a pretty good job to avoid going near the other activity areas. There are a couple spots where errant beginner dries could cause problems, but all in all a pretty well design course for safety.
6) Course is pretty much beginner friendly, but there is enough challenge that seasoned veterans might nejoy this course from time to time also. I love it when a course can accomodate people of all skill levels.
7) Distance varies significantly from 124' all the way up to 324'. The shorts holes are the tighter ones so they play tougher than it sounds and the longer ones are the more open holes. There still are obstacles to think about though on all holes. I just like seeing the need to throw different discs on different holes.
Cons: 1) Following a mulch path isn't always enough to keep people from getting lost or confused. The transition to #3 is not the easiest to deduce and also the transtion to #4 is also not the easiest.
2) Looks llike Poison Ivy is rampant in the wooded areas by #3 and #4. Please be careful especially since it is such a tight hole you very well may end up there.
3) The last 3 holes were virtually underwater. I know they had recently gotten a lot of rain, but it had been a couple days and the water still hadn't receded. It was still walkable, but my feet were still somewhat wet.
4) The water on the course just doesn't come into play except for the very beginner. It basically is halfway up each of the 225-250' fairways on #6, 7, 9. #8 runs along it but is far removed from the water. I would have liked to see it used more.
5) tallpaul is right that the teepads are small, possibly because grass has grown over and into the gravel overtime. They are the best gravel pads I have played on, but still subpar in my mind.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed myself, but the bugs got bad by #3 and 4 so my wife had to run along to the truck. I stuck it out because I need to keep adding courses to my played list of course. I basically ran the last 5 holes in about 15 minutes.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.