Elkhart, IN

-Good baskets
-fair tee pads
-#17 unique tee pad
-pretty landscape
-course is taken care of
-not busy in winter
-excellent area with more then disc golf
-hole 12 is probably the sig hole, and the hardest on the course, and for an added bonus it is considered a water hole!
-good signs
-good markers
Cons: -
- somewhat similar holes
- nothing extraordinary (other then the teepad on 17)
-updated signs and markers would make it better
-not many benches or places to sit
-not much in terms of variety
-little elevation changes
Other Thoughts: -
-fun course that has 24 holes---which in my opinion is a bonus!
-would be hard to get lost or confused due to excellent signage
-seems like a nice park to take the family with many hiking trails and other activites to choose from
-I enjoyed playing this course. I did play it in the winter so luckily I did not have to put up with bugs, but the location of the course is condusive to many bugs in the season!
-I'd play this course again on the winter months when Kalamazoo is snowed in.

recent play

5+    12/1/2009   12/14/2009
Review By: MotoDj
Pros: i think others have layed out great reviews, so i'm just adding the fact that a couple of us are tryin hard to clean this course up, handful of trees (mostly off sides of fairways) alot of brush,thorns, burrs and stuff are being cleaned out. we've started putting in more benches, tee signs, info sign ect. overall this is still a tight course, mostly short still (working on longer tee locations) but overall its been made playable, and continuing to get better, by spring this place will be worth the drive from out of towners
we are workin hard, but only a few of us are actually doing work so its slow
if its been months since you've played i hope you check out to see the improved upkeep, rangers are tryin to work things into next years budget so we'll see how far we can take it
Cons: i wish it had a couple open bomb holes
wish they'd let us use chainsaws to clear certain holes,
its a work in progress, was a great technical course, just needed (still needs more) TLC
Other Thoughts: dont have to pay to park, free parking in 2nd lot (1/4 mile west of entrance)
its only a 1, its an honesty box in which we wish more were honest with... but the park doesn't mind so much, but i'd like to see more folks pay the dollar

1    12/12/2009   12/13/2009
Review By: Mark R
This review was updated on 1/18/2010
Pros: Fun mid-range play, with a couple of slightly longer (400+) holes. Lots of challenging narrow fairways, with some nicer grassy areas (Holes 7-10). Short cement tees are not that big but are wholly adequate for most drives, and way better than rubber or grass. Older chainstar-type baskets on all 24 holes. Nearly every hole has a viable pathway despite some holes being tightly wooded. Hole 17 has an unusual tee from a wooded platform that could be considered a signature hole, along with a long straight along the river (Hole 12). Has signs along the way that help navigation. Good course design that effectively utilizes limited area.
Cons: Park is generally flat, more so than most courses. Some holes are a little too close to each other, others a little too short (Hole 6 is a tight RHBH anhyzer that could use a redesign). Other holes (3-5) run through lowlands that are a little too marshy to be enjoyable, and would likely be mosquito breeding grounds in summer. Park rangers seem a little bored and unnecessary.
Other Thoughts: Not a destination course, but a surprisingly underrated course that scratches a disc golf itch and is good for play in cold weather. Easy access in one hour from Kalamazoo, offering a cold weather alternative that's sure to please Coldbrook fans. However, parts of the park were closed to traffic, making a long walk to the northwest corner of the park necessary.

1    9/9/2008   4/17/2009
Review By: bcsa360
Pros: Lots of wooded holes but just moderately challenging. One hole on the back had an elevated tee box and it felt like like stepping onto the back patio of a house and letting it rip.
Cons: As with the other reviewers, bug spray is a must. Further, when we started play, we ran into a elementary school class doing a nature walk of some sort. Also, on the back, the local cross country team was using the disc golf course for practice, running up and down the fairways and such. My buddy and I had to be more mindful about throwing our disc and not striking one of those kids on accident.
Other Thoughts: Expect to be monitored or possibly harassed by park employees. Three different times we came in contact with an employee monitoring us from afar in a park vehicle. Further, another park employee (I noticed him when we paid our fee to enter the park), came up from behind us out of literally nowhere on hole 12, acting as if he was on the course playing. We allowed him to play through and then a few holes later he disappeared. I think he was looking for signs of contraband/alcohol.

Swampy!!

5+    1/24/2009   2/16/2009
Review By: mmyersdisc
Pros: Nice 24 hole course! Tight tree shots, dogleg lefts and rights, well marked signs and tee pads. Located in a county park so there are other activities to do as well!
Cons: Hard to find course in the back of the park, park rangers aren't very friendly! Bugs get bad during the summer. Have to pay to get into park and 1.00 fee per day for disc golf. Open in the winter but bring a shovel since they don't take care of it!
Other Thoughts: Some days its free admission to the park (for parking) but apprently you need to pay to disc no matter what! They don't take care of the park in the winter (don't brush off tee-pads or anything) yet still expect you to pay even if you play just 5 holes.

So-so..

6/13/2008   6/13/2008
Review By: djext1
Pros: There are a few fun holes here, tricky ones and a couple fun ones.
Cons: Teepads are short and awful. The course has over the years become more overgrown and swampy it seems. Bugs are horrendous as a previous reviewer mentioned. The last time I was there last year I told myself I won't be coming back out. The place seemed in poor condition. The few fun holes on the back nine I used to enjoy seemed to have been moved around to a placement that I no longer enjoy.
Other Thoughts: I won't be going out here again (at least for a long time). If you're in the area and want to take in a course then by all means drop in and give it a try. I wouldn't make a long trip out of it though JUST for this course.

5/26/2008   6/13/2008
Review By: TimSyl
Pros: Older course, for the most part short and technical. Does have some tough long holes too (4, 8, 12). It's a 24 hole course you can play in under and hour and a half.
Cons: In swamp so some holes become unplayable at certain times of the year. Mosquitos in the summer and fall are unbearable, but it is a swamp. Hole six is a bad hole...150' left to right at 90 degrees. Tee pads are too small and in terrible shape.
Other Thoughts: Hole 12...450' along the river, is one of the toughest holes you'll find anywhere.

1 2 Next >