2 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: - pretty course, with very large oaks and rolling hills
- good concrete tee pads
- mostly good use of hills, trees, other terrain features
Cons: - some of the holes felt repetitive, either because they were too straight or too short
- some of the hole description sheets at the tees were missing
Other Thoughts: Stopped by this course on a trip to Champaign. Was worth the stop, though I doubt I'd go out of my way to play it again rather than play a different course along my route.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: - Nice Cement Tee Pads
- Fun holes
- Park is secluded
- Elevation is well used
- Trees and natural features are well utilized
- Multiple Pin Placements
- Variety of shots to score well.
- Great course for REC and INT players
- Practice Basket (I assume)
- Playground for the Kids
Cons: - Bad Tee Signs, many missing. Those that did have signs had water damage and are faded.
- The main reason I am not giving this a 3 is because of the navigation and criss-crossing fairways. Many holes encroach on one another. The holes ended up great but the design could have been modified without taking away from the course and not have this problem.
- Chuckers + College/HS Students = Bad Time (Not courses fault just giving fair warning)
- Smart play is not required to play the course
- Little to no penalty for poor play
Other Thoughts: This is Bloomington-Normal's Best course. The holes are interesting and fun. The majority of the holes are well thought out and use of the land is optimal. Unfortunately there are some holes that encroach on each other. I'm also not a fan of the holes that play over the road and parking lot.
A good INT player should be able to carve this course up. If you have a 350' and under semi accurate drive you will have many birdie attempts. There is only a few holes that truly punish arrant shots. ADV and PRO players will have fun but will have little challenge.
This is a great course for REC players to work and develop their game. Make sure to bring your control driver and mid-range game.
This course is definitely worth a quick stop by to play. I would rather play 2-3 rounds here than play one round here and another at Maxwell. It's a very short drive from the main highway. If the course is packed Forrest Park is seconds away and amusing to play.
3 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.