Owensboro, KY
Panther Creek Park Share
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Is this really a course?

1    7/20/2011   7/20/2011
Review By: absolutdork
Pros: There are baskets. There are some defined holes. There are SOME markers as to where holes begin. There is a nature trail on one side, a corn field on the other.
Cons: I could write a Dark Towers type epic about the cons of this course, but I will stick to a simple defamation. This is NOT a course, at least not one by my standards. Baskets were not numbered right, and most were just spray painted over. The gravel pads were no bigger than a couple tiles on a kitchen floor, and most had weeds and crap growing through them. We safaried hole one, then continued on to hole 2, but by the pictures on this course, it appears hole 2, even with the basket saying 2 on it was 1?! It zig-zagged in and out of woods and open fields, never really staying put with either shot and using both as defined holes. The place is garbage, thank goodness we played Yellow Creek too or the 45 minute drive would've been completely wasted. Stay away from this "course."
Other Thoughts: The highlight of the course was AFTER we left, we stopped at a local pizza joint called 54 Pizza Express in Owensboro. One of the best strombolis I've ever ate in my life. Check it out, fantastic. Play Yellow Creek, Hawesville or Hartford in this area, don't even bother with this haphazard of a course.

the unfinished course

1    8/16/2008   9/29/2008
Review By: danamonp
Pros: If it ever get completed there is alot of woods playing it might be fun but first it has to be completed.
Cons: not finished
Other Thoughts: when will it be done?