2 Helpful / 2 Not
Charming woods trails
Pros: - A lot of finesse shots.
- The back woods section is quite pretty, with log-edged trails guiding you around.
- Good signs, etched concrete is hard to steal or vandalize, work well with the character.
- Good flow from shot to shot.
- In the shadow of the Lambertville watertower, yet not dominated by it.
- Good conditions, it seems the locals really love it.
- Great use of the land. Beautiful trees make you forget the terrain's limitations.
-Skateboard park right nearby, got to watch someone do tricks while walking up two fairways.
-Stump seating at nearly every hole in the forest.
Cons: - Very little distance. Most every hole is under 200'.
- Flat as a course could ever possibly be.
- Course is tight and folds back on itself, on crowded days you'd really have to watch out for shanked drives.
- May be a little confusing to find hole 4 after hole 3. After the third watertower hole, head to the woods behind the fence. The best part of the course is about to begin.
- No trashcans at the tees. But not much trash.
Other Thoughts: I had an absolute blast playing here. My distance has been suffering a little from a recent injury, so not having to throw as hard was not a problem. I wasn't expecting anything special from Parmalee, but I figured I ought to play it since I was down here for Vienna anyway. I pulled up at the parking lot, and outside the course the pavement and vacant lots and chain link fences stretched away, looking like an industrial zone. But I quickly located the first tee to the left of the entrance, and threw back to the corner. The industry was gone to me, and two quick holes later I was passing a water tower and entering an enchanted forest trail. The next 9 holes I spent finessing disc on interesting lines through cute little fairways, all the while, guided by logs. Trees were hit, but the roughs were forgiving and all my discs were easy to find. On a number of occasions I held my breath as I nearly hit aces. This was an exciting adventure, and I'm glad to see another quality course in southeastern Michigan.
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.