Homewood, IL
Uploaded By: PSC_wicked_clown Hole #7

Beginner

1    11/29/2010   11/29/2010
Review By: notapro
Pros: - Course is set around a small park, and is pretty isolated except for a walking path.
- There are some holes with smaller trees to snag drives, and others with larger trees to get around. Usually there are a few ways to go, but some are pretty tricky with low hanging branches in tough spots. At least one hole doesn't have a clear hyzer route.
- Some smaller rolling hills are present, so there are some noticeable downhill shots and some mildly sloped greens.
- Good tee signs where present, tees in good shape, decent baskets. Navigation is brainless.
Cons: - The hole lengths are pretty limited in the small area, with a bunch of holes near 200'. There are a few around 270', but overall it is pretty short.
- Fair amount of holes are wide open or close to it, with little thought needed.
- Teepads painted on the path are slippery and sometimes awkwardly placed.
Other Thoughts: - Great course for beginners, or those trying to polish some things up. A few holes have good trick shot possibilities, and some interesting lines can be found. Other holes are basic ace runs or just solid putt/approach practice.

walkers on path at 8 a.m.

1    11/20/2009   11/28/2009
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: Yardage says 1700 ft. total; I thought more like 2,000, my playing partner, thought perhaps 2,300 ft. (perhaps this is just because it was our 12th course in three days; and the first of the morning?)
Willow hole is a nice hole (#5). Gotta go low or a huge spike heiser (rhbh). Hole #6 also a good looking hole; with willows in play.
Signs on all holes, except nine missing.
Tees are sloped. I bet this is for drainage. Limestone....done well, if you don't mind the slope.
I took only a buzz and a putter along; and could have used the speed of a driver on 3 or 4 drives.
This is another of those nines, that if you use the walking path as o.b., you can add a level of difficulty to round. My playing partner was surrounded once, I was across once, and in a backyard, once. We didn't play any o.b. But, that would have been three o.b.s if we were.
Cons: Course short.
Course plain....no real variety.
Walkers on the paths at 8 a.m. Sometimes, in play. They were nice and we all smiled at each other, but we did have to wait slightly, twice.
Other Thoughts: My thoughts are empty....see mashnut's review for more....