Augusta, GA
Pendleton King Park Share
Uploaded By: FAST Hole #7 (Taken 6/2014)
Hole #7 Approach

1 2 3 4 5 Next >
 low rating is old and pre-update

1    6/9/2010   6/9/2010
Review By: TracyJ
Pros: really fun course. reminded me of redan in dekalb county. the low disc score doesn't reflect the redo they did this past year.
Cons: it was a little hard to find the next tee on a couple of holes.
Other Thoughts: check it out. don't let the 2 disc review deter. if you'll notice all reviews since the redesign have been great.

Redesign must've worked

1    5/25/2010   5/25/2010
Review By: ssssbutler
Pros: Great course, after reading reviews from pre-redesign, I can tell that they did a great job with this course. Great scenic playing, does not interfere much with park goers. Nice easy pace. The next tee signs are plentiful and perfectly placed.
Cons: Scorecard and course map on both this site and ADGA are now obsolete and need updating. Also, on some holes it was hard to determine which par we were playing. (some holes were Par 3/4, with perhaps a 30 foot difference)
Other Thoughts: Great course in Augusta, did not fit the stereotypes heard about the area at all.

Great Course

1    1/16/2010   1/16/2010
Review By: a2nr4u
Pros: New layout that makes this a very fun course. Not too long but plenty of challenges. There is a 3' x 3' course map over at one of the kiosks.
Beautiful park in the center of Augusta. You'd almost think you were out in the country.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Even though it was raining the entire time we played there was no mud because of plenty of mulch.

Course remodeled.

5+    10/11/2009   10/28/2009
Review By: CatFish
Pros: Not to long, still great for beginners. Course has been redone. If you haven't been there in the last few months, you havent been there. New tee boxes, new pin placements, holes through the woods have mulch put down. Alot of work has been put into this and it is much appreciated.
Cons: none really, nice solid course since the remodel.
Other Thoughts: Like i said, if you havent played it recently, go play it. Its not the same course it used to be. Water hole has been removed.

just drive buy

5+    9/21/2009   9/28/2009
Review By: hotdam
Pros: the course was moved to the woods and round the park so you are not going to hit anyone and you can just play around with no wait
Cons: not a well design course all turn over shot or side arm and some more blind shots in augusta ..
Other Thoughts: Well you should just drive lake o or river view or the idgc...it is a waste of time to play i well not play it again and i live here

Augusta's least

5+    7/31/2003   7/31/2009
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: There are some good holes here, especially early on the course with interesting fairways winding among live oaks & azaleas. A few more scattered through the rest of the course. None terribly long---it was designed for an earlier disc technology---but fun nevertheless.

A fairly forgiving course for beginners, and few places to lose discs. Even the throw over the pond is reasonably short.
Cons: Biggest con is that there are a half-dozen better options in and around Augusta.

Worthwhile if you can play when the general public isn't around; at more crowded times, most of the couse shares land with other users, and it's just not worth it.
Other Thoughts: I last played before the re-design, but with the limitations of the property and the crowds of non-disc-golfers, I doubt it can be much more than what I've seen.

If you're in Augusta and want a more casual game than the other courses provide, without searching for or sinking discs or wearing yourself out, and you can play when the park is fairly empty, give PK a try.

OK Course In A Run-Down Park!

1    7/16/2009   7/18/2009
Pros: This is an aging recreational type caliber course in a park that's probably close to getting shut down by the city powers. The neighborhood around the park is obviously on the downswing also. They appear to have cut off most of it's maintenance budget. I was there by 7:45 AM and the placed was locked. The park hours are 8 to 6 PM. Now that's some user friendly hours. Want to get a round in after work, duh! I don't think so. How about a quick jog in the AM before work, Nope- Parks closed. The grumpy park maintenance guy showed up at 7:55 and reluctantly opened the gate right at 8 AM. (And he left half of the gate closed, obviously hoping that people would think the park was closed.) Okay, I'm through venting about what a dingy, craphole the park is. The course has some moderately challenging holes. There are a few benches to rest one. And back during World War 2 days, this was probably an inviting, pretty park.
Cons: I spent about 15 minutes trying to locate the # 1 teepad and then figure out which basket to throw to. Eventually I played the next couple of holes. Then I played # 9 which crossed the park's entrance street. Couldn't find # 10 to save my life. Found two teepads with big red X's. Does that mean you're not throwing from them. I kinda played a couple more baskets but by then I was clearly frustrated with PK and ready to get on my way. # 8, I think, plays right alongside a little kids playground. An accident waiting to happen there.
Other Thoughts: I'd skip PK and drive the 5 miles or so over to the nicer part of the city and play Lake Olmstead. The rich folks over there who live on the water get the nicer course to play on, and it's maintained by the city, not forgotten.

B grade old-school traditional

1    9/18/2007   4/18/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C

Look out for kids!

1    6/5/2006   2/10/2009
Review By: bjreagh
Pros: Some interesting holes that play around the landscaping. Decent water hole over a fenced in pond.
Cons: Almost unplayable at times due to general park use and picnics. People parked on the course, kids picking up your disc, other kids in the way of your shot.
Other Thoughts: We had a decent time because it was a different experience to say the least. A little refining and rerouting and this could be ok, but until then I would play elsewhere.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >