2 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice, somewhat challenging park course
Pros: Decent catching blue powder coated baskets on every hole. No problems here.
Nice use of elevation throughout the course. Hole 1 especially stands out. I really liked this as an opening hill. Steep uphill, with trees in the way.
Some nice risk/reward on several holes. Hole 2 has a significant drop on the right, which adds some pucker factor. I felt pretty good to hit some of the lines here.
Lots of nice wooded holes. Some tight, but fair lines, with good bends and turns.
Cons: Navigation isn't all that intuitive. I had a map with me when playing, so I was pretty easily able to find hole 2, but otherwise it would have been a crapshoot. Hole 9 wasn't immediately easy to find, either.
Natural teepads that could use some TLC. They weren't horrible, but I was definitely thinking about footing on several of them. A couple of them weren't really well represented.
No long distance bomb holes here. Even playing from the longs, everything was on the short-ish side. The shorter tee pads would be ok for beginners, but could probably be done away with.
The signage here was lacking. Tee signs were poor, and navigational signs weren't very helpful.
Hole 9 ends a pretty good distance away from the start of the course, and kind of just throws you out into the city street. Good two block walk back to the car.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent, out of the way 12 hole course. It felt like a scruffy little stepbrother of Silver Creek. There were some fun shots here, and with some love, this could be pretty nice.
It was pretty soggy when I was here, which seemed odd, as most of the course is up on a hill.
Worth a play if you're in the area, for sure.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Decent little course
Pros: This is a nice little 12 hole course in the wooded section of a small park. There are large wood poles with the hole #s on them for both sets of tees. They have a few next tee signs where needed. There's not much difference between the 2 tees on most holes but it's always a cool feature to have. The nice blue powdercoated Mach 5 baskets here are probably my favorite type of basket. They catch very well. Hole 1 is mostly open and uphill while the rest are on top of the hill in a more heavily wooded section. There are a good mix of right, left and straight shots to be had.
Cons: Most of the holes feel pretty similar but there's only so much space here so there's not much they could do. It can get pretty muddy in a few places in the woods. Some of the tee areas were pretty poor so we had to tee off next to or behind them.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area it's worth a round or 2 here. It's nothing amazing but it's a fun little course to try for some aces. There are also a bunch of other courses near here. We played 8 in 2 days over here and had a blast. Just don't put this one at the top of the list.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
No picnic here! but lots of potential.
Pros: 1) Course is pretty technical which I always consider to be a positive.
2) #1 isn't a great hole but it does use the massive elevation from the entrance to the course by the sign and makes you throw up a very large hill . . . the basket is tucked to the left after clearing the hill and a couple trees so its a tough shot to execute despite being pretty short.
3) Holes #2-9 are all in pretty densely wooded area. They force some different shots because of ceilings on a few holes and also because some of them are straight some go right to left and some left to right. Most of the turns aren't big but enough to force some thought into the throws rather than just how straight you can keep it.
4) Potential of this course to expand and get better is high. it is in a pretty small town but I would like to see an effort to make improvements to it. It is short and only 9 but I think better than Indian Creek. It's a cool park in a nice small town.
5) #5 is a great challenging hole. It is a downhiller right to left with lots of trees. I parked the shot and tanked a short short putt. It is a real challenge to get close to the basket.
6) Elevation was used well on hole #1, 5, 6, 7. There isn;t much more elevation change but the rest of the holes are more gently rolling fairways.
7) Dual tees although not beginner friendly will offer a different approach for more disc golf.
Cons: 1) Course has a confusing layout, some of the directional signs are missing making finding #2 from #1 very difficult . . . I ended up doing the Vita course somehow before I found hole #2.
2) Tees leave a lot to be desired because they are gravel (except #1 its dirt).
3) When I played there was a padlock on the chains on #9 which would certainly affect the catchability of that basket. Either someone vandalized it and though it was funny or one of the people in the olds folks home broke out and hid the evidence on the basket.
4) Course flows ok and is jammed into a pretty tight area in this section of the park. #1 is disjointed from the other 8 holes. It starts out near the road at the base of the hill and you throw up the hill towards the water tower. Then you walk past the water tower down the road and to the left road to the second hole and the other 8 holes are in this same section of he wooded area.
5) Distance on holes is way to similar. You will be throwing different discs because of the intended lines but the distances are all about the same and all relatively short.
6) Tees on #7 need special attention in the negatives. They are on a giant uphill and are not retained with anything. It is obvious they have washed out a handful of times by the gravel at the bottom of the hill towards #16 fairway. I would rather see washed out dirt here than gravel that you can't get a good footing on.
7) Not beginner friendly because of how tight the fairways are with all those small trees. Beginners would get frustrated for sure!
8) Course sign at the entrance lead me to believe the course might be gone. It had old old postngs and is so sun bleached out it looks abandoned.
9) Not much difference between the two tees in angle or difficulty. The difficulty of this course is in how dense the woods are.
Other Thoughts: I think this course is just a little outdated and could use some revamping. I like the wooded area the holes are set in and I also like the vita course track I ended up on (and it was overgrown so it obviously isnt maintained. I could see a handful more holes over there with just a little mowing and some more baskets. I am not sure if they could make some holes using hte hill going back down towards the ball fields but if they could this could be a great course!!! If the townspeople are reading this invite me up and I will give a free consultation on how to add some holes to this course I think I have some good ideas and trust me I spent a lot of time in this section of the park trying to find the second hole. I probably walked a half mile before realizing I wasn;t near where I needed to be! The holes that are there now are simply in need of some selective pruning and some concrete pads would make this course much better. Gravel tees are just horrible in my opinion.
I was a little creeped out by the nursing home or whatever it was to the west of holes 2-9. I could imagine some elderly peope walking into those woods on ocassion so be aware. If its a mental healht facility be even more careful.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.