5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Course is set in a flat city park that has a good amount of water present. Looks like people fish here, as well as meander around, so there might be some slight DG interference.
- Also present here are a good amount of trees, from little bitty ones to some very mature ones. Many holes have a clear, straight path to the basket, but also have plenty of trees to snag any shots that aren't lazer beams. Other holes seem to have an obvious hyzer or anhyzer to the basket, based on the location of the trees, there are very few holes that are wide, wide open. Low shots highly recommended.
- More than a couple holes play close to, or immediately next to some deep water. One is a small hyzer, with water on the right, and another is a wider corridor shot with water on the right (down a steep bank). It's definitely reachable with an inaccurate tee shot.
- Some other holes are set in a small, small forested area, which add some more difficulty. These also have water in play in a few spots, don't go long on 8.
- Decent variety in hole length
- Good signage, dirt teepads in ok shape, baskets ok, with a few exceptions. Navigation not tough.
Cons: - Biggest con at the this course is the shorter hole lengths; there just isn't much more room for anything else. The course already has 3 holes (2-4) on the other side of the road as is, and still have to jam a few in. The design is pretty solid, though, each hole has some trick to it. If you can throw 300', leave the drivers in the bag.
- With all the water here, it's a shame only a few holes are next to it. But, it is a normal city park, and it needs to be shared by everyone, i.e. fishermen.
Other Thoughts: - Overall, it's not that bad a course. You will need to execute some tight, accurate lines to reach some of the baskets, due to the scattered trees. Throwing dead straight is a definite plus. A few shots with some water help to keep things interesting. But, that said, it really is better suited to beginners. Shorter hole lengths and avoidable trees aren't super exciting to a more experienced player.
- As of 6/27, basket 8 was obliterated and tee 9 was nowhere to be found.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Lots of different shots short to mid right turn to left turn and the straight on shots always had a tree right in the way making for some fun challenging holes. Fun layout with some water hazards. It would take some seriously bad throws to end up in the water but I did see it happen while I was there. The park itself is maintained pretty well, the grass was freshly mowed and it was reasonably clean.
Cons: The course is pretty short. The longest hole is only about 325 so be prepared for that. I wasn't sure what to expect today so I brought 3 mids and 5 drivers I think i threw 1 driver all day. Dirt tee pads were definitely a con. It hasn't rained in a while so they were ok today, but when it rains they would obviously get muddy and rutted. I was also told by a local that holes 7 and 8 flood when it rains. Lastly, some of the baskets are a little beat up and don't catch very well.
Other Thoughts: All in all I would say its a pretty fun course. But don't get too excited that its going to be exceedingly difficult or long. Its perfect for a mid level player who has a 300 foot drive and needs to hone thier skills a little bit.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 0 Not
Good Recreational Course
Pros: This is a medium sized park with scattered trees. There is a river and small pond on the property. There are very few places with heavy rough.
There are very nice tees signs.
Nice Discraft Chainstar baskets.
This is a super friendly beginner course.
Cons: The natural tee pads can be muddy and uneven. After heavy rain this course can be muddy with the River running next to it.
It can be difficult to navigate in a few areas.
Many shots are repetive and there is very little variety.
At 4,700 feet this is a super short course. Any semi experienced players are going to be throwing a mid range and putter all day. I felt the park land had potential to be a soild course but the designer did not maximize this potential.
There is a river and pond on this property. Neither are utilized and come into play. Some sweet pin placements and shots over the pond could have made this course interesting.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.