Pierre, SD

Simply beautiful

1    9/5/2008   9/20/2008
Review By: Greg Layton
This review was updated on 7/12/2009
Pros: - Great views of Lake Oahe especially on the third hole. I played on a Friday morning and it was so peaceful and tranquil that I was almost afraid to talk to myself.
- Amenities like you'd expect at a park... nice restrooms and a water fountain along with plenty of benches.
- Two sets of tees means that you can easily get your money's worth.
- Great map and scorecard at beginning of course.
- A little more difficult than you'd expect, especially on the pro tees. There are a couple of holes that allow you to stretch out your arm and a couple more that force you to come out of trees.
Cons: - The sticker bushes are a huge pain. Pants are recommended along with paying close attention to where you sit your bag down. If you do manage to walk through the stickers just leave them alone until the end of your round or you'll wind up with a sore and possibly bloody throwing hand.
- Hole #9 was confusing. The map says to throw back towards the parking lot, but there's another basket in the opposite direction that could easily be the goal.
Other Thoughts: - Now that I think about it, I saw at least three or four extra baskets in a seemingly unused portion of the park that leads me to believe that there are some unmarked mystery holes here. I had a schedule to stick to so I didn't allow myself time to investigate.
- A beautiful park to spend the afternoon in, check it out if you're in the area and be sure to check out the nearby historical marker to learn about the area.