Houston, TX
Tom Bass Regional Park - Wilmont Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #15 (Taken 4/2012)

Prairie Course

1    5/22/2013   5/22/2013
Review By: bogeymanjr
Pros: Long holes that make for good long drives. Two baskets up on the hill behind the amphitheater. Lets see...Guess that's just about it for the Pros.
Cons: Grass was way too high. I had to look for my disc after every throw. I just don't see any real challenge here except that this course has long holes and you practically have to throw your arm out to make par on each hole. This course is comparable to Old Settlers Park in Round Rock in terms of openness alone and the length of some holes. At least there are no 1000 foot holes like there are in Round Rock.
Other Thoughts: After playing some of the courses in north Houston, this course was somewhat of a disappointment. It was a challenge only in the sense that the holes were as long as they are, the two baskets on the hill providing a good putting challenge, and having to find where my last drive landed. At least I did make it down here to play this course and I did have fun while I was here. And I might even come back again. But having said all I have, I still have found better challenges elsewhere. One thing is for sure: At least I didn't lose any discs this go-round.

The Wilmonster

5+    7/22/2009   2/10/2010
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: You can throw just about any shot that you want to and probably get away with it due to it being open and longer then its brother. Its an OK course but thats about it. There is never anyone here which should probably tell you something about it. I think that too many people are bagging on this course like its the longest course in the world but its not that long, its just boring. There are a couple of good holes here but they are few and far between. This course will make your drives and your upshots better because you will use both on almost every hole here.
Cons: Once again this course is very flat and has even less shade then its brother making for even more of a misrable time. The pasture holes are extremely boring and very redundent. This course holds water as well.
Other Thoughts: The worst of the two but you can always play to check it off your list and then be done. I think that I am done with these two courses and will try many of the other courses in the area next time.

Wilmont

7/18/2007   1/25/2008
Review By: ferretdance03
Pros: This is a good place to work on your long drives. Fairly decent tees, with ample room for driving. Very pretty surroundings, with no real danger of pedestrian interference.
Other Thoughts: We had a hard time finding the course(s) because of the shear size of Tom Bass Park. The disc golf courses seem to be long just for the sake of being long, with no real challenge except for length. Many holes were on the verge of unplayable due to overgrowth, and most of the fairways were grown up to waist height.
I have heard rumor of bass swimming down the middle of the fairway due to poor drainage, and after walking in knee deep rain water, I believe it!