Carson, CA
3 / 150ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Short and fun

2-4    11/12/2009   11/12/2009
Review By: ibgollie
Pros: Old school DGA baskets, I think they might be the original design. Makes you glad they came out with the Mach III, but at the same time it feels kind of nostalgic on these baskets.

A surprising amount of elevation and fun technical shots. It's a birdie course, but you have to make a good shot to get the bird, some str8 ace runs too. Finding my way around was not that hard and was able to play 27 holes pretty fast.

Locals have painted some extra tee boxes that trick up the layout and I could see this course keeping you interest since I think there are 3 different layouts judging by the paint markings.

Really nice clean park, with lots of things to do for non-golfers like Bball, tennis, play ground and they have slightly banked paths that would be fun to long board or roller blade on.
Cons: The old baskets don't catch very well, and it's kind of got some back and forth layout, but it's not the worst I've seen by any means.
Other Thoughts: With the combination of this a Mills Park around the corner these are two fun 9 holers to go mess around at. It was perfect for me to go play because I had recently injured my back and couldn't throw hard, so playing at this and Mills was fun because you just have to throw on-line, not far. Like when I aced hole 9 on my last round!