Leicester, MA
Pyramids Share
Uploaded By: HyzerBerryPie Hole #4 (Taken 7/2014)
Hole #4 Fairway

great course

2-4    6/9/2009   8/9/2009
Review By: dukdukgolf
Pros: great course,,,very wooded with amazing use of elevation. Well kept with good tee pads. Amazing pro shop. Id go here everyday if i lived close.
Cons: last couple holes are less than great. they follow the driveway in and the 18th you pretty much throw over the parking lot.

Loads of fun

2-4    8/8/2009   8/8/2009
Review By: rootcanalsarebad
This review was updated on 4/12/2010
Pros: Lots of wooded holes, but the woods are "clean" so it would be hard to lose discs. Also several open holes in the back 9. Plenty of "ace" opportunities if you can weave through some trees! Several baskets are near mini-ledges with a river running beneath, which makes for great risk/reward putting. Two sets of baskets--"Silver" for amateurs, and "Gold" for more advanced players. Clean rubber tee pads--with brooms at each tee--to clean debris (if needed) and prevent slippage.
Cons: Hole 18 is a terrible design, unless you want to risk hitting your own car, or someone else's. Have to be careful of oncoming vehicles on hole 17, as you tee off down the driveway. Not many wide open holes. Very short course--almost entirely par 3 for the Silver baskets. Very hilly, so it's tiring to manuever.
Other Thoughts: Since I am a huge fan of wooded holes, I highly enjoyed Pyramids. I've seen several reviews stating this this is not a course for beginners, and I vehemently disagree. My wife had a blast and it was her first "true" time out. Since the course is short, I think it's great for beginners. The woods are very, very well kept, so there aren't fallen tree branches everywhere.

There is also one of the best pro shops around in the basement of the house. Every disc imaginable is in stock.

All in all, this is a phenomenal course that's well worth the $5. And, since you sign in when you play, you could come in the morning, go home for lunch, and come back at night without having to pay again.

I would highly, highly recommend playing this course, no matter your skill level. You won't be let down!

EDIT: They have since "fixed" hole 17 (silver) so that it no longer crosses the driveway. Upping this course to 4.5 discs.

Great date day!

2-4    7/28/2009   7/28/2009
Review By: tpelletier
This review was updated on 8/22/2009
Pros: 1) Amazing pro shop. Very helpful staff. My wife and I bought our first discs (we are very new to the sport and have only used rentals to this point) and the staff was very patient, answered all of our questions, and helped us pick out our first discs.
2) Great tee pads!
3) Very well groomed!
4) Tees and baskets are very easy to find.
5) Course makes great use of elevation and water.
6) Even though this course is 1.5 hours away for us, we had a great time and want to drive down to play again soon! Highly recommended!
7) Yes it is $5, but you get what you pay for. This place is well cared for.
Cons: Wish it was in New Hampshire and closer to where I live!
Other Thoughts: My wife and I had the day off from work and our two kids in daycare. This was only the third time either of us had ever played disc golf. We had a fantastic day and will make the 1.5 hour drive down to play here again!

Nice Course

2-4    6/4/2009   7/3/2009
Review By: Mergz
Pros: Nice variety of short, long, up/ down hill, open/ wooded. An great pro shop in the garage, with helpful & friendly staff. The water is casual and shallow. Nice tee pads. Friendly locals.
Other Thoughts: Ask before petting the dog, I was told he bites.

Perfect!

1    5/22/2009   5/22/2009
Review By: moe.jams89
Pros: Beautiful hard-wood forest course
Challenging but enjoyable
Excellent use of elevation
Cons: I was lost in the pines on hole 14 for awhile
Other Thoughts: Amazing course and the pro shop is the best around! Definitely worth a 1.5 hour trip

Nice course

1    5/10/2009   5/10/2009
Review By: shamroc333
Pros: It is a well groomed course. The guy who lives there definitly takes care of the grounds. There are afew holes that are fun.
Cons: You play though this guys yard and all around his house. 18 is a weird hole you have to throw right beside where you park your car.
Other Thoughts: There is a great disc shop there. i would just go for that. The course is just a bonus.

Pyramids

1    4/28/2009   4/29/2009
Review By: jaygibbs
Pros: Great wooded course with ample opportunity to wind up in trouble. Not a course for a beginner but I had a great time. I found it easy to navigate. I think I played it at the perfect time of year and the fact that there were record temps 96 degrees it was perfect! I don't have a big arm and tend to like the tighter more technical courses and Pyramids was right up my alley.

The guys in the shop were very cool and I played with a couple of local boys that were a riot. This is a definate MUST play if your in the area I will go back for sure!!

Thanks Jason!!!!
Cons: Hmmmmm......... It's awfull far from my house in Colorado?
Other Thoughts: Great people, great time, great course!

A- = Almost As Good As It Gets

1    12/27/2006   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- B-

The best course that is mostly all wooded shots

5+    8/1/2008   4/1/2009
Review By: frizgolfkiller
Pros: Two baskets for each hole (pro and am) both can be enjoyable and challenging since the course is set mostly in the woods. Unlike most wooded course I have played there are clear and wide fairways so you don't spend all day looking through brush for your discs. The pro basket that is hanging from the log over the stream is just cool. The course is really well maintained.
Cons: You have to pay $5 to play. 18 plays over the parking lot...I find myself always holding back here so I don't screw up an hit a car.
Other Thoughts: Even if you hate playing courses in the woods the number one reason to come here is for the store, Marshall Street Disc Golf. They have a ridiculous number of discs in all diff sizes,colors,plastics as well as bags and baskets. I picked up a portable basket for putting practice there. They'll probably be getting another good chunk of my money when I restock up for the spring.

great for a first timer

1    9/13/2008   3/1/2009
Review By: suzy q
This review was updated on 3/30/2009
Pros: 2 sets of baskets...great for all levels. shaded and woody, great for sunny days. great having the pro shop on property....nothing better than finishing a round and celebrating with a new disc!!!
Cons: really none i can think of!!!
Other Thoughts: very hilly, very wooded, but still fairley open and well maintained. great course for all seasons!!!