Pros: Unique Holes on 1 & 8 over water
Nice Overlook/Bench area over pond
Cons: Tees are NOT at all the holes
No course map at the park
Disc Catcher at Hole 7 is no longer there someone must have stole it
TONS of Stickers that get in your shoe :(
Other Thoughts: The city needs to do major park maintenance not a course that i would travel to. I live fairly close by so came to try something different. I would not recommend this park till the city upgrades and installs a new basket at 7
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: I'm local to the area and play this course every few months. I like it. It's fun, enough of a challenge but not incredibly difficult.
Cons: Since I know the course, I forget how tough it might be to find all the tees because they aren't easily seen in some cases. It's probably difficult to find the park the first time too.
Other Thoughts: Not the course to travel for, but if you've played other area courses, are in town for some sort of military function at the base (which is very close), this course could be fun for you.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Good for putts and fireants
Pros: - Nice tree placement around baskets makes for unique set up
- open fairways for the most part
- noone was there
Cons: - rusted baskets
- no tees
- hard to navigate
- nasty pond
- fire ants n brambels
- "the tree tunnel" was more of a local teen hangout
Other Thoughts: Dissapointed in this being my first 9 hole course. Almost no tees, and the ones that were there are dirt ruts in the ground. It was hard to figure out which basket to aim for on some holes, as well as hard to figure out the next tee location. A map or more play time is needed. I just started makin up my own tees after a while.
I did enjoy some of the basket placements. Ring around the basket on one, the lane of trees on another... ect.
The pond was gross, be prepared to toss a scrub disc cause you will not want to fish it out. Lost a disc tossing to... 7 or 8, whichever goes across the lake. I think 8.
Over all i give it a 1.5 - 2. If it wasnt for the basket placement i woulda given this course a 0 - 1.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: There are eight good playable holes in this park.
Cons: Plenty. There are no numbers on any of the tees except 5. Tees for holes 7 and 9 are missing. Navigation is poor except as best guess. Both tees on eight are so overgrown, it would be impossible to make a decent throw from either, which would lead to an automatic lost disc in the pond as there is only 25 feet of fairway to number eight's basket. No restrooms and almost no trashcans.
Other Thoughts: I could not, in good conscience, recommend playing this course to anyone, except maybe for practice. The upkeep is slack and the tees need to be numbered properly. Nice park, but just not a good disc golf course.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) There is a good variety of holes out here ranging from mostly open, some lightly wooded holes, and some tight shule guarded holes. It is nice on a little 9 hole course to have such a good variety.
2) This is a really cool property, although the first 5 holes are mostly open, flat, and turfed holes, the last 4 are the highlight. Hole #1 has a nice second tee allowing for a long distance throw over a pond/wetland. #2 has a basket that is tucked into the brush. #4 has a basket tucked underneath some small stringy looking shrubs. There are plenty of gaps but you need to bring the disc in low. #5 has the basket tucked right in between 3 leggy trees. The gaps are small The little sandy hollow on #7 is cool, the throw over the water on Hole #8 is a nice feature. #9 finishes with a tight fairway underneath some more of those leggy trees.
3) Red/Blue posts mark the two tees on #1 and #8. The rest of the holes have only one tee. It sure is nice to offer the two short tees ont he water shots, someone was really thinking about the big picture when these extra tees were put in.
4) This course is definitely beginner friendly. It presents a challenge to all players because of the unique basket locations. There is water involved and plenty of trees to contend with, but the holes are short enough beginners will not get completely frustrated.
Cons: 1) Older Discatchers are starting to deteriorate from being out all the time. Paint is fading, a hint of some rust on a few of the baskets and chains.
2) The hollow between #6 through #9 is a little scary. It really seems like a place where you are bound to find homeless people or someone you really do not want to run in. The property is up against a row of fencelines along a property line and also some more fenced property to the West so it is sort of landlocked. Nowhere to run if someone was there for the wrong reasons.
3) Tees are dirt/grass. The grass is mostly wore out so they are mostly dirt. You may need to move to the side of some of the tees to get to good ground.
4) Navigation is a little wierd from #3 to #4 and from #7 to #8. # 9 tee is also invisible I think because of some construction in that corner of the property. Signs would help.
5) While the posts are helpful for navigation, there is no hole map, no distance listed, the only thing ont he post is the Hole #.
6) Throwing over the cul-de-sac is goofy and it's too bad they couldn't have avoided it. However, I doubt that there are too many cars that get in the way. It is a good hole despite the throw over the road.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent 9 hole course. This course does not take up a lot of acreage so it is a pretty quick play. It is fairly beginner friendly especially because of the well designed alternate short tees on #1 and #8.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Great begginer course
Pros: Some easy holes with long straight shots, then more challenging holes with water, and woods. easliy played in 45 minuets to an hour.
Cons: it needs better up keep,
Other Thoughts: one of my faviorite courses to play close t my house where i can get a quick round in.
Lost a disc on #1 it was my favorite disc very special to me it is a bright green Aggie DGC member disc
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 1 Not
Love it or hate it
Pros: I like this course for what it is and for what it isnt. There is never anyone here so you can play at your own pace. The discathers are great and always bring a smile to my face when I see those yellow bands in the woods. This course has 2 sets of tees making for a good 18 holes when played from both sets. The shorter set is much easier then the longer set and they change the shot just enough. I like the greens becasue they are all fun and have something to think about before your shot. You have to know your disccs here because if you play for a skip your not going to get it. You have to be accurate and you also have to throw a little big on some shots like hole 8 but even there you can play safe if you want. All in all this is a fun place to play and since there isnt much around here its at least worth the stop once.
Cons: The bugs can get very bad here during the warmer months. Navigation might be an issue for some but the course isnt too big, so if you have a little common sence you can find where your going. The sandburrs are also horrible so lookout when you get home and try to take off your socks.
Other Thoughts: Lots of fun to hit if your leaving the city and heading to Padre. You can get your golf in without taking forever and not make the ole lady to mad.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Wind and sand
Pros: First course I have played away from home. Lots of wind due to it being near the ocean. This if my first 9 hole course to play and I enjoyed it. Most of the shots are wide open with a few trees in the way. The water shots where dried up from the hot Texas heat.
If you are in the Corpus area this is the course to play.
Cons: Tees where not all marked and it took a wile to find where to go next. No map on the course so good luck trying to find where to go next. Not all baskets where marked what hole they where. Grass burs everywhere so don't wear sandals.
Other Thoughts: A map of the course would be a good idea.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Watch out for hole 8!
Pros: Love this course! Has a little bit of everything, some long, some in betweem trees, some water hazards. holes 6-7 are fun with sand
Cons: WHOLE 8 unless you know how to throw far, dont shoot it, my roomate lost his brand new disk in the gross poop smelling water. heading back tomorrow with a canoe to fish some out! hole 4 is off by the street dont miss it.
Other Thoughts: I love this course!! best one in the area
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Challenging holes. The tee box for hole 4 is along side the street next to the basketball hoops. Hard to find from hole 3. Some long holes with challenging shots makes for a very interesting course in a smallish park. Overall I like it a lot. I skipped hole number 8 because, as a previous poster said, it is a disc eater. There are two tee boxes for hole 8 for different skill levels. One is blue th other red. Use a disc you can afford to lose if you chose to try hole 8.
Cons: Some of the last holes are in areas where it would be easy to lose a disc in heavy brush.
Other Thoughts: Lots of fun to play. If in the area don't skip it.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.