5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) There is a good variety of holes out here ranging from mostly open, some lightly wooded holes, and some tight shule guarded holes. It is nice on a little 9 hole course to have such a good variety.
2) This is a really cool property, although the first 5 holes are mostly open, flat, and turfed holes, the last 4 are the highlight. Hole #1 has a nice second tee allowing for a long distance throw over a pond/wetland. #2 has a basket that is tucked into the brush. #4 has a basket tucked underneath some small stringy looking shrubs. There are plenty of gaps but you need to bring the disc in low. #5 has the basket tucked right in between 3 leggy trees. The gaps are small The little sandy hollow on #7 is cool, the throw over the water on Hole #8 is a nice feature. #9 finishes with a tight fairway underneath some more of those leggy trees.
3) Red/Blue posts mark the two tees on #1 and #8. The rest of the holes have only one tee. It sure is nice to offer the two short tees ont he water shots, someone was really thinking about the big picture when these extra tees were put in.
4) This course is definitely beginner friendly. It presents a challenge to all players because of the unique basket locations. There is water involved and plenty of trees to contend with, but the holes are short enough beginners will not get completely frustrated.
Cons: 1) Older Discatchers are starting to deteriorate from being out all the time. Paint is fading, a hint of some rust on a few of the baskets and chains.
2) The hollow between #6 through #9 is a little scary. It really seems like a place where you are bound to find homeless people or someone you really do not want to run in. The property is up against a row of fencelines along a property line and also some more fenced property to the West so it is sort of landlocked. Nowhere to run if someone was there for the wrong reasons.
3) Tees are dirt/grass. The grass is mostly wore out so they are mostly dirt. You may need to move to the side of some of the tees to get to good ground.
4) Navigation is a little wierd from #3 to #4 and from #7 to #8. # 9 tee is also invisible I think because of some construction in that corner of the property. Signs would help.
5) While the posts are helpful for navigation, there is no hole map, no distance listed, the only thing ont he post is the Hole #.
6) Throwing over the cul-de-sac is goofy and it's too bad they couldn't have avoided it. However, I doubt that there are too many cars that get in the way. It is a good hole despite the throw over the road.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent 9 hole course. This course does not take up a lot of acreage so it is a pretty quick play. It is fairly beginner friendly especially because of the well designed alternate short tees on #1 and #8.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 1 Not
Love it or hate it
Pros: I like this course for what it is and for what it isnt. There is never anyone here so you can play at your own pace. The discathers are great and always bring a smile to my face when I see those yellow bands in the woods. This course has 2 sets of tees making for a good 18 holes when played from both sets. The shorter set is much easier then the longer set and they change the shot just enough. I like the greens becasue they are all fun and have something to think about before your shot. You have to know your disccs here because if you play for a skip your not going to get it. You have to be accurate and you also have to throw a little big on some shots like hole 8 but even there you can play safe if you want. All in all this is a fun place to play and since there isnt much around here its at least worth the stop once.
Cons: The bugs can get very bad here during the warmer months. Navigation might be an issue for some but the course isnt too big, so if you have a little common sence you can find where your going. The sandburrs are also horrible so lookout when you get home and try to take off your socks.
Other Thoughts: Lots of fun to hit if your leaving the city and heading to Padre. You can get your golf in without taking forever and not make the ole lady to mad.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Wind and sand
Pros: First course I have played away from home. Lots of wind due to it being near the ocean. This if my first 9 hole course to play and I enjoyed it. Most of the shots are wide open with a few trees in the way. The water shots where dried up from the hot Texas heat.
If you are in the Corpus area this is the course to play.
Cons: Tees where not all marked and it took a wile to find where to go next. No map on the course so good luck trying to find where to go next. Not all baskets where marked what hole they where. Grass burs everywhere so don't wear sandals.
Other Thoughts: A map of the course would be a good idea.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.