Eugene, OR
Westmoreland DGC Share
Uploaded By: Hippy007 Hole #2 (Taken 1/2009)

Training grounds

5+    8/16/2013   8/17/2013
Review By: adiscted
Pros: -Wide open holes
-Chance of losing discs as minimal as possible
-Close to stores
-Not many garbage cans, however, you can toss recyclables by the tee posts and the bum brigade does collection nightly
Cons: -Crowded on nice days
-Large groups are a regular sight
-Wait times can be pretty bad
-Shared park with a walking path through it
-Non-golfers don't seem to realize where not to chill
-Bums bums bums!
-The bums aren't as bad as the tweakers
Other Thoughts: This is my home course. I play it all the time. As much as I love this course, there's plenty of trash to talk about it. Yes, pedestrians and non-golfers can pose an issue, but it's not really out of control, they just make you wait an extra minute or so for them to get out of the way. This course is like a training ground for me. There aren't really any technical shots or long holes, just 8 wide open drives and one tree-tunnel fairway. I love this course, I just wish I didn't get asked for change, lighter, drinks, etc. Every time I showed up

Muddy but Fun!

- Hard to lose a disc
- All par 3's have Hin1 potential
- Great for novices
Cons: - Mud
- Poor maintenance on tee boxes
- No outdoor restrooms
- Might boor advanced players
Other Thoughts: - Wear boots /clothes you don't care about
- The Boys/Girls club will let you use their restrooms, in a pinch

Nice for a quick game

5+    5/12/2012   5/17/2012
Review By: Buffettlife
Pros: Concrete tee pads. Baskets are in good shape. Close (Eugene & Springfield). Nice open short course (great for beginners). Can be played relatively quickly (if you go early).
Cons: Very poor conditions when wet (Nov-May). Some holes become unplayable. Can get crowded in the afternoon/evenings when the weather's nice. May find a few homeless folks sleeping under trees if you get their before 9 am. Never had any beef, just hate to wake someone up when their sleeping. May not be challenging enough for advanced players (I wouldn't know).
Other Thoughts: I'm a novice, so I still find this course fun. It's downtown, so I can get there quick and play 9 holes in 35-45 minutes. I often play twice. If you don't mind getting there in the morning, it's rare to have to wait for anyone. Afternoon or evening when the weather's good can sometimes cause a line up, but most everyone is friendly so it's not bad.

Decent city park course

5+    6/13/2011   6/14/2011
Review By: DiscAddict22
Pros: The course is manicured well, good use of trees and elevation change making it a fun quick course. Every hole has a sign that is fairly accurate, and every tee is easy to find from the next basket.
Cons: The wind can become a big factor on this course, especially 3 through 7. Gets very muddy after a rain or in the winter. Can get very backed up on weekends as its only 9 holes. Most holes are pretty short, (but nothing too short)
Other Thoughts: For a city park this course was well designed. A fun course to get some short game practice, since most holes are less than 250.

Nice beginners course

5+    8/16/2010   1/17/2011
Review By: ScottyZ
Pros: Short holes with trees placed strategically to keep them from being total ace runs. Fun 9 hole course and enjoyable bunch of locals. I think that #4 is the only "long" hole, but has a wide, open fairway. I played this course a few times each day that I played here and my worst score was +2. At the time I had only been playing for 8 months.
Cons: It gets a bit muddy after rain and very busy in the afternoons. If you want to throw long, this is not the course for you. I threw mostly midranges and putters from the tee pads.
Other Thoughts: This course is enjoyable if you are in Eugene and want to play.

My Local Course

7/30/2008   7/30/2008
Review By: dg_hudlow
Pros: Because it is a fairly open field course, there is not much opportunity to lose discs. Its a great course to bring new disc too, gives you a chance to work out the kinks. Also, a great course for first time players lots of short holes. They do a good job of using multiple pin positions which is nice for me because that I play the course every week.
Cons: The course can get very busy on summer evenings. It also gets very muddy if there has been a rain, so bring shoes you don't mind getting dirty.
Other Thoughts: This is a nice little city course and also my home course. I would like to see an 18 hole course in the city.