1 Helpful / 0 Not
Another average school course.
Pros: 1) Nice use of the wooded area on the hill on the first 3 holes.
2) Beginner friendly because of the shortness of the holes as well as the fact that it is only 6 holes long.
3) DGA Powder Coated Blue baskets like so many other in this part of WI. Nice clean looking baskets with a distinctive look.
4) Challenge with the uphill and downhill shots make this course better than you might think. Although the holes are short, the elevation change might get you.
5) Hole #4 basket is perched up above a 2-3' concrete wall with a tree guarding a spike hyzer approach and it cost me a par! Well designed basket placement there.
Cons: 1) Grass tees are always a negative. The concrete markers for the tees were so difficult to find I had to kindof make up tees based upon the fact that I knew the total length of the course. I think I threw from appropriate places but I really only found #3 tee and #5 tee. #2 was intuitive because it was on the flat part at the top of the hill, but 1, 4, and 6 were not findable. Thats the problem with small markers, a better tee mark would be a 4x4 about 5 feet wide because the grass will not grow over it or leaves cover it up as easily as the small concrete markers tat were used.
2) Only 6 holes long, but it does what it can with the property.
3) Not enough variety in hole length. It felt to me like only one hole was longer than about 150 and it was about 350 maybe. The rest all seemed about the same length, but I am assuming this because I couldnt find the tees.
Other Thoughts: Not much more can be said about this. It is nice to have a third course in the small town of Clintonville. It is beginner friendly because it is short. The use the elevation well on the first 3 holes, #4 basket is a well designed hole because of the basket placement.
I would return if I was in the area and couple it with Clintonille HS and the object course atg Olen Park for a decent little day of DG. I probably wouldnt return to any of these course unless I was passing through or staying nearby, but if it was all I had around I would play them. It is nice to see such a small town with 3 options however!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Little neighborhood course
Pros: This course is located at a school so it's easy to find with any standard GPS. It's located in the heart of town so there are plenty of facilities and stores nearby. Parking does not appear to be a problem as long as you go after school hours.
Cons: The course play is limited because of it's location at a school however there don't appear to be many after school activities on the athletic fields that would interfere with a round. The tees are either spraypainted on pavement or on cinder blocks that are buried in the field so they can be a little hard to find but the layout is pretty logical.
Other Thoughts: The course is small but they have tried to make use of the surroundings to add variety and a little challenge to this course. Two holes play uphill into some mature pine trees, another plays downhill off a retaining wall and the last hole makes use of a football/soccer goal post in the way of the otherwise straight shot to the pole.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.