Richlands, NC
Richlands-Steed Park Share
Uploaded By: Cool Daddio Hole #6 (Taken 2/2011)
4 / --   4 / --   4 / 291ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 Next >
 Richlands NC course

5+    8/18/2010   8/19/2010
Review By: BobStutts
Pros: I am 65 and do not have long range. This course is excellent. I go early before they even open for day. My dog loves the park also. As a novice player I do get some challenge where my son 33 finds it rather easy.
Cons: go in rough and meet NCs finest thorny black berry vines as well as other thorny plants.
Other Thoughts: A beautiful full amenity park out in the country. Just a great place to take ahe kids also.

Wide-frappin'-open!

5+    5/9/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: BigJ198
Pros: This is my "go-to" course. Only a few minutes from my house is sweet. The course is not as open as it was a few years back, but it is still forgiving.
Cons: Not a dang thing to cut down on the wind which can be a challenge in winter. Not a bit of shade in the heat of summer when you need it either! A good score here can lead to a false sense of sucess that shows up when playing a wooded course.
Other Thoughts: Great place to let it rip and check your distance without the fear of smacking a tree. A few holes are easily reached in one giving many ace chances!

Lots of fun, let 'em rip

5+    2/20/2008   2/7/2009
Review By: DiscJunkie
This review was updated on 2/25/2009
Pros: Very well maintained. On-site playground, bathroom and walking path. Beautiful setting. Inventive use of a relatively flat and open park. Mix of long and short holes. The wind can make this course very challenging, and if you play the rough as OB (like they do in tourneys) it adds a new level of decision-making.
Cons: Not really challenging, wide open with little penalty for wayward shots, unless you play the rough as OB. Hot in the summer (no shade), cold and usually windy in the winter (wide open spaces).
Other Thoughts: I love this course to let 'em rip. Never crowded, so I can throw a lot of 'practice' shots. Watch out for the strollers, several holes require that you throw across the walking path. Requires some accurate length, but no real penalty for missing left or right. I always have fun here. I travel 40 miles to play this course, and it's always worth it.

Self-esteem booster

2-4    12/7/2008   1/7/2009
Review By: BrotherDave
This review was updated on 6/2/2009
Pros: EASY, unless the wind is blowing, really nice park. Flat terrain except for some holes on mounds, virtually no trees. You could play this course jacked up on heroin and still score well. I don't think I've ever seen other people play it the same time I played out there. The course flows well, has a nice variety of shots.
Cons: This is a fairly easy course due to how open it is but wind will play a factor if blowing. The rough is brier-tastic. This course is the most ball golf similar I've played, which I only consider a con because I love wooded courses. I wouldn't plan a trip to specifically play this course but it's nice overall, if not special.
Other Thoughts: My buddies and I like playing this course after bad weeks of playing at Castle Hayne to make us feel good about ourselves. And downtown Richlands is pretty happening. Okay, not really.

2-4    2/16/2008   7/14/2008
Review By: caiman
This review was updated on 2/8/2009
Pros: The course is well signed and maintained. It's located in a city park, meaning all park amenities (including restrooms) are available. The course is mostly open, but not completely open. A few targets are located on mounds or hills; otherwise the course is flat. The course features a large variety of hole lengths, anywhere from under 100 feet to over 400 feet. (The under-100-foot hole is actually somewhat interesting, as there are large trees in front of the tee that you must throw over.) Excellent use of the park grounds, a smart design, and most of all, fun to play.
Cons: Not much in the way of obstacles, but the course is interesting enough to be fun. Lots of tall grass off the fairway that can make disc recovery a minor ordeal. All rough is considered OB in tournament play, although I recommend recreational players disregard that rule, because it makes the course far more difficult. Even with the rough=OB rule in place, pro-caliber players will probably still find the course too short and easy.

1 2 Next >