Geneseo, IL
Richmond Hill Park Share
Uploaded By: FightingIllinut Hole #19 (Taken 5/2013)
-- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #19 Tee (Practice Hole 1)

The Hills of Geneseo

2-4    9/10/2012   9/18/2012
Review By: 4_Of_Spades
Pros: Located right off of interstate. Nice pit stop driving to see my sister at Augustana College.

Lots of hills and elevation use on many holes.

Baskets just okay and tee pads are pretty good.

Mix of moderately wooded and open holes with rolling hills.

Was the only one playing the two times I was there.

Some nice scenery ignoring the interstate when the sun sets.

Good balance of RHBH and RHFH holes.

Quite a hike going up and down hills on the back 9, but it gets you in shape.
Cons: Signs are terrible. First time I played I had no idea what hole I was on or what tee pad went where. I just kind of pieced it together and it worked out. The signs were a number higher than the basket they were for so I think I found 20 holes that fit what I was doing.

Navigation hard due to signs but the second time I played I think I figured out the general idea of it.

Course seems to be forgotten. I don't know how much people play it, but the holes offer different looks than other courses around and adding some good signs and mapping out the layout would be beneficial to the course.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course after I got a chance to play it again. The across the park shot for hole 19 (at least that is what I think it is) is a great shot down the hills of the whole park. Along with the other elevation shots this course has, it is worth it to play here and I will be stopping here many times in the future.

Beginner/Intermediate

1    10/8/2011   10/13/2011
Review By: notapro
Pros: - Course is set in a large hilly park, with a ton of space devoted to the disc golf. A hole plays around a gazebo, and some others are close to another pavilion, but otherwise it is well separated. A few holes by a residential area too, no big deal.
- A fair amount of holes are set in more open, hilly areas, with little to no trees in the way. However, the elevation changes are definitely enough to keep it interesting. Two over-the-valley shots, with the baskets on the peak across the way. Other blind uphill and downhill shots with a few trees to avoid, and a good downhill shot on #20.
- Most of the other holes contain large patches of forest in addition to mature trees, which definitely adds challenge. #5 is a downhill shot, right-sloping fairway, with the basket situated next to schule on the right. #7 has a left-sloping fairway with forest on the right, and water on the left. A few obvious RHBH hyzers and annys are present thanks to the forest, with a few tucked pins as well.
- Some of the holes are pretty darn tight, usually due to a combination of low hanging trees, forest, and/or elevation changes. #9 is a simple RHFH flick, but the shot has to be low to get out of the tee area. #13 is a tight downhill anny, with trees forming a tunnel. #19 is a decent uphill, with low branches, a pretty small window to hit to make it to the pin.
- Serious hazards are present here, with some hilly areas and some water. A few holes are next to a small creek, with #7 being the most dangerous on the fairway. Otherwise, it comes into play next to some baskets in the woods. The basket to #13 has no water, but a nasty, nasty rollaway. Overshooting the basket on this short hole can be a nightmare!
- Good teepads and baskets. Signage is a little iffy; the tee signs are off by a hole for most of the round, or missing. Can be tough to find some of the pro tees. Needs to be updated from an apparent redesign. Still, the numbers on the baskets are right, and I didn't have too much trouble following the flow.
Cons: - There are a lot of open shots here, with a few to no obstacles to get in the way. The elevation changes add some flavor, but not a whole bunch. I would say maybe 8 of the holes don't have much in the way of obstacles. On the other hand, a lot of the tighter holes are really short. Those that play into and around the woods are all around 200', give or take.
Other Thoughts: - Hard to come up with cons for this course; there is a little bit of everything here! But, I had the feeling that it was a mild sampling of each. There were open holes with elevation changes, but nothing too crazy. Some heavily wooded holes with interesting lines, but also very short. Definitely a few tough, memorable holes (like #7 and #18), but also some blander ones. A great course for beginners or more experienced players, but expert discers will find some holes much too easy.
- Not sure if my numbers jive with the layout, I think I figured it out ok... never did find the teepad for #21 either. Still, not a big deal when I played.

Got Hill?

5+    6/18/2009   1/17/2010
Review By: #19325
Pros: Geneseo has some very nice sized hills that add great elevation changes. You can see the course from the interstate and it's just a few minutes off it. It is a well kept park and the fairways are nicely mowed. There are scattered trees with some thick rough in a few areas. A creek comes into play on several holes. Roads and a fence also add quite a bit of out of bounds.

Elevation changes make for very fun holes. Lots of downhill and uphill shots as well as a few across hill shots. Several putting greens are very tough with drastic drop offs.

Has a good variety with short cement tee pads and long natural tee pads. There is a good balance of distances.

Nice concrete tee pads and tee signs.

This is fun par 54 golf.
Cons: The course can be difficult to navigate in a few areas. A couple of changes were made last year.

One of my favorite par 4 holes was eliminated.

Long tees are natural and can be hard to find.

Lack of tunnel shots. This course is pretty open.

Interstate traffic noise.
Other Thoughts: Check out my Illinois Top 10.

Va Va Voom!

1    6/11/2009   6/13/2009
Review By: bygwyllay
This review was updated on 7/12/2011
Pros: Very hilly! Beautiful course with mad elevation changes and tough approach shots against trees and the river running through the course. Some holes are a straight shot uphill, and others provide awesome downhill action. Pro and Am tees on most holes. Tees are marked and all baskets are labeled. Low vandalism. Friendly people to play a round with.
Cons: Very hilly! I'm out of shape and this course kicked my ass. Definitely worth it though. Hole #3 is right along I-80, so be careful not to misthrow - barbed wire is not your friend. Gnats are a problem down by the river; bug spray is recommended. Course map is unreliable. I missed holes 11 and 12 because of it.
Other Thoughts: This course is right off of the freeway so it's a great spot to pull off and play a round on your way into the Quad Cities. Definitely will play again next time I'm through.