Bear Valley, CA
Rick's Revenge Share
Uploaded By: Cb7_93 Hole #10 (Taken 6/2013)
3 / 237ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Fun Little Course

1    8/31/2014   9/10/2014
Review By: gusisfishin@gmail.co
Pros: Fun little course with some challenging shots. Lots of trees, but .. a few wide open shots, too. 2 par 4's I think. The scenery is great, too, and you're at about the 8,000 ft level.
Cons: I can think of none. The course layout is very good and keeps you moving. However, there are a few holes that cross each other. One group hit a lady in another group while we were crossing in a 3 way cross.
Other Thoughts: Great place to play after a day at the lake just a mile or so away.

Mountain Meadow

2-4    6/7/2014   6/9/2014
Review By: Hyzer Ale
Pros: The course has a nice variety of shots. Everything from open holes to wooded to ob clears and overhands. Distances vary from short easy holes to longer wooded ones. Although there is no elevation to be found on this mountain course the scenery is great. No one else there, felt like our private course when we were there. Nice rubber teepads and quality baskets. The wooded holes are great, tight lines to hit. Shop across the street sells and rents discs.
Cons: No elevation - It is in the mountains! Teepads are slick when wet (thunderstorms the night before). A couple throws over a creek and marsh where it is really easy to lose a disc. No signature hole. Too close to the highway Course plays too easy. Playing doubles, my father and I shot a -13 and I could get pretty close to that on my own. I don't remember signs on each hole.
Other Thoughts: Overall I really enjoyed this course. They did a good job setting up the course with the land that was available. There are a lot of courses in the mountains that are destination courses (Bijou, Zephyr Cove, Turtle Rock, China Peak) and this is not one. If you are in the area when snow isn't on the ground play this course. I wouldn't recommend driving a few hours for this course only. I think that the low reviews of this course are because people are expecting greatness and this course doesn't deliver on that level. What it does provide is a quality course that, if located closer to population, would be very popular.

Nice

2-4    9/7/2010   3/19/2011
Review By: bobchuck
Pros: Its mostly flat, with a lot of tree's in the way. The front nine is a lot more wide open than the back nine. It wasnt to crowded at that time (labor day weekend). There are a lot of good camping areas nearbuy like Lake Alpine. There are a couple of holes with good distance.
Cons: Too flat and no alt pin or tee positions.
Other Thoughts: They have improved the tee boxes from 2009-2010 with rubber mats which is a lot better. I tried to go here for memorial day weekend it was still snowed in so dont go too early in the year.

Bring a Brew

1    4/12/2010   10/13/2010
Review By: chonb
Pros: Amazing location, nice combination of open and tight holes in and out of the forest & meadow. Isolated aka not crowded, shop near the entrance to grab drinks, no PO, etc etc makes for one of the most enjoyable rounds i've had.
Cons: I guess there are cons when compared to somewhere as epic as de la veaga or blue ribbon pines, but really except for greater variety of topography / holes I would not complain.
Other Thoughts: Stunning scenery, seemed like we were the only folks in the forest never mind the course, and if the course is somewhat open and flat how can you mind when your drinking in the sun?