Course Extinct
Prineville, OR
Rimrock DGC Share

Mostly Open My Ass!

7/6/2008   7/13/2008
Pros: I gotta agree with Kevin on this one. The first hole is a fun little throw across the crooked River. From then on, there is nothing open about Rimrock. Hole # 9 is a slightly, longer throw across the river back to the green park. There's a map at the start. Memorize it! Because you'll need to remember it later.
Cons: After you cross the river, the course is not clearly signed. As Kevin stated, # 2 is a swimming disc hole waiting to happen. I calculated the risk/reward and determined that was a good hole to skip. I had my wife and daughter with me to act as spotters and needed them on every hole and still had to dig deep to find my drives. This course could use a major brush cleaning party. I found the # 8 basket but was never able to locate a likely tee off point for that hole so ending up skipping it also.
Other Thoughts: Throwing blindly into ugly, disc grabbing, underbrush is not my idea of an enjoyable round of disc golf. And this course has some nasty, deep roughs, only they happen to be located in the fairways. It's actually a pretty little spot for a course. Clean it up and it would be a lot more playable.

Deceptive

5/5/2008   5/5/2008
Review By: kevin
Pros: It starts off looking like a good idea. The first tee sets right above the river and you shoot across it.
Cons: At the second pin, i realized that my disc just went over the river and luckily it sailed back to the pin. After further review, most of the pins are near the river which is on both sides of the course, which you don't see at first. If you overshoot, you will loose a disc, i don't see how you would be able to retrieve a disc from that fast current driven river.
Other Thoughts: Nice spot for fishing but, not for golfing.