Charlotte, NC
Hornets Nest Park Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #8 (Taken 3/2009)
Hole #8 Basket (original layout)

Not a nester... yet

2-4    9/6/2014   9/8/2014
Review By: Dickie B
This review was updated on 9/11/2014
Pros: The open holes, meaning not so much junk in the way, were enjoyable and easy to follow from hole to hole. The park is well kempt and actually very nice. There are benches at the tee boxes so you can sit for a spell. The back 9 finished up at the parking lot so you can play the front or back 9 and be right at your car if that's all you're up for.
Cons: The wooded holes that begin around 6 or 7 I think, are a challenge. However, I got lost more than once. The bugs . . . man what is it about the bugs around here?
Other Thoughts: I think once I've played this course a few times I will get used to the flow from hole to hole. Being a new amateur, I think this is definitely a course for the more experienced players.
By the way, after giving this course some more thought, I think I may have rated it too low, so I bumped it up some.

UPDATE: I played the course again yesterday (9-9-14) and I have to say, it was indeed better the second time around.

Fun but just okay

2-4    6/17/2013   6/17/2013
Review By: jkigg
This review was updated on 6/24/2013
Pros: fun course wish I had played the web that looks much more fun. Hole 4 was my favorite and 8 was a close second being that it was so tall it really helped improve uphill putting.
Cons: hole 18 is missing on nest part
Other Thoughts: web looks really fun wish I had played it. Why does everyone loves this course the nest is just okay.

Disappointed

1    3/6/2010   3/6/2010
Review By: Daan Muller
Pros: The back 9 was a decent layout and well placed baskets and tee pads. Good fun and challenging.

Technical shots required
Cons: However the front 9 very easy to forget, boring no challenge or fun. Very confusing to find tee pads or the basket unless you have a map.

5+    3/5/2009   3/5/2009
Review By: tspeedb
Pros: the front nine is fun and kinda open, a lil water on one hole, and creative.
Cons: the back nine is just stupid, i think very poorly designed and lazy, i also think its so challenging on some holes you cant throw with out hitting a tree like 12.
Other Thoughts: the front nine makes me wanna go and the back makes me never wanna go back