Great starter course
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Great little course on the fox river in Berlin. Not an extremely challenging course, but great for amateurs. Concrete tees, well laid out and well posted.
Cons: Couple tees right on the fox river, but pretty wide fairways there so easy to stay to the right. I have always better than parred this course, so the par numbers could be a little lower on some holes. Seasoned players might find this too short.
Other Thoughts: This course is about 8 blocks from my house so that is a pretty big bonus for me. I'm just glad it's a nice short one and not one of the horrid ones that I have played at :)
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Runs along the Fox River, with a few cool holes.
The park is really nice, and not very busy. Very nice amenities. Great beginner course.
Cons: Mostly short.
Easy to lose discs in the river on a few holes.
If the park is being used, some holes can become a bit dangerous.
nice 9 holer along the fox river
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This course plays through an awesome multi use park along the fox river. Theres a nice big sign at the begining of the course with lots of disc golf related info on it. On the backside of the sign it has a bunch of spots designated for people to write their names if they get an ace. This is a cool feature i had never seen anywhere else. And naturaly i was about 3 inches low of acing hole 1 the first time i played it. Dual large, level concrete tee pads on all holes. Distances range from 131 feet up 329 feet on the short tees, so many holes offer ace opportunities. Not sure exactly what the longest and shortest distances were for the pro tees. Many if not all short tees had nice benches. Water can come into play on your left on 4 of the holes which is pretty cool. Mach 3 baskets on all 9 holes that were in real solid shape. A number of larger mature trees to contend with as well on all holes, but not too many to make for impossible lanes. Theres a nice map on the sign at the begining anyway, but navigation is not a problem here. The park seems very well maintained and manicured. No one else was there when we went and it was very clean. There are also lots of other activities in the park to make for a fun day.
Cons: Only nine holes, but with the space available you can't really do anything else, so not really a con. The park road, a walking path and possibly a pavillion can become a throwing hazard. Just something to watch out for. Also the long tees don't offer any real drastic changes from the shorts, just a little extra distance. Other than that, not many cons here. A pretty solid 9.
Other Thoughts: Be sure to check out if in the area. Good place to throw for some aces. Also Zobel Park is about ten minutes away, which is one of the better courses i've played in Wisconsin making this a very solid warm up course. Not a must play but not a let down either, just a fun simple 9 holer.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice park, average disc golf
Pros: 1) This course has a variety in length. One hole is like 130', and it goes all the way up to over 400', with quite a few ranging between 200-300'.
2) Very nice amenities. Plenty of other things to do here, it would be a nice place to have a picnic and take your girlfriend or wife disc golfing. Has lots of pavilions, bathrooms, a boat launch, swingsets, walking paths, horseshoe pits, baseball diamonds, etc.
3) Nice concrete teepads including the newly installed pro tees. Each hole has a tee sign but does not have the long tee distances on it yet. UPDATE: Long tees still not listed on the signs . . . long basket positions also not listed on the signs!
4) It's nice to have a shot at an ace everytime you play, and they give it to you on your first hole 131'!
5) Multiple holes run alongside the river that if you overshoot the people on the walking path will most certainly go into the water. Don't go in after your discs, the current is extremely strong!
Cons: 1) Alternate pro tees do not change most holes enough other than just adding a little distance.
2) A handful of holes run very closely to the walking path along the river. An errant hyzer could take out some people. An errant shot on #3 will put you into the entrance to the park which could be deadly for your discs or people's vehicles. Playground area on #2 also puts kids in harms way.
3) Unfortunately it is only 9 holes, but they setup 9 more holes 4 of which ran right along the river or the boat launch for the tournament I played in. These holes are not possible to be fulltime baskets because they encounter too many other of the activity areas, but they were fun to play when it was setup.
4) Some of the holes are a little boring. they could use a couple more trees or other obstacles to make them more interesting.
5) Tee signs still have not been updated with new teepads and also do not list the distances on the long positions (UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME) all of the baskets were int he long positions today so I had really nothing to go by except feel on how far I needed to throw.
Other Thoughts: All in all this was a pretty good course. Maybe a little boring on half of the course 4, 7, 8, 9. The river, the entrance road, and the walking path provide other obstacles that make you think about your shots. I enjoyed the temp holes much more than I did the standard part of this course so I have to rate it based on the permanent holes.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Pros: -Like the hole lengths
-Enjoy the setting of course
Cons: -Not too much elevation change
-Nothing out of the ordinary
Other Thoughts: I went in March, when the ground was still pretty frozen and there were no leaves on the trees...so I'd imagine that this is even better in the summer. This is near the top in terms of 9 hole courses I've been to.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.