4 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice park, average disc golf
Pros: 1) This course has a variety in length. One hole is like 130', and it goes all the way up to over 400', with quite a few ranging between 200-300'.
2) Very nice amenities. Plenty of other things to do here, it would be a nice place to have a picnic and take your girlfriend or wife disc golfing. Has lots of pavilions, bathrooms, a boat launch, swingsets, walking paths, horseshoe pits, baseball diamonds, etc.
3) Nice concrete teepads including the newly installed pro tees. Each hole has a tee sign but does not have the long tee distances on it yet. UPDATE: Long tees still not listed on the signs . . . long basket positions also not listed on the signs!
4) It's nice to have a shot at an ace everytime you play, and they give it to you on your first hole 131'!
5) Multiple holes run alongside the river that if you overshoot the people on the walking path will most certainly go into the water. Don't go in after your discs, the current is extremely strong!
Cons: 1) Alternate pro tees do not change most holes enough other than just adding a little distance.
2) A handful of holes run very closely to the walking path along the river. An errant hyzer could take out some people. An errant shot on #3 will put you into the entrance to the park which could be deadly for your discs or people's vehicles. Playground area on #2 also puts kids in harms way.
3) Unfortunately it is only 9 holes, but they setup 9 more holes 4 of which ran right along the river or the boat launch for the tournament I played in. These holes are not possible to be fulltime baskets because they encounter too many other of the activity areas, but they were fun to play when it was setup.
4) Some of the holes are a little boring. they could use a couple more trees or other obstacles to make them more interesting.
5) Tee signs still have not been updated with new teepads and also do not list the distances on the long positions (UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME) all of the baskets were int he long positions today so I had really nothing to go by except feel on how far I needed to throw.
Other Thoughts: All in all this was a pretty good course. Maybe a little boring on half of the course 4, 7, 8, 9. The river, the entrance road, and the walking path provide other obstacles that make you think about your shots. I enjoyed the temp holes much more than I did the standard part of this course so I have to rate it based on the permanent holes.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.