North Augusta, SC
Park Sign

1 2 3 Next >

1    5/24/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: RoMav9394
Pros: This is the best course I have played around this area (although I have only played a few courses).
It is a great combination of tight and wooded holes on the front nine to wide open from # 12 on (except for #17 which incorporates a long slow sweeping right curve on the edge of a tree line). I say tight and wooded for the front nine but that is coming from an intermediate player. The fairways, if you will, are typically about 25-35 feet wide on most of the wooded holes.
Cons: The only real gripes I have are that sometimes the course can get pretty crowded and after rains it can make for tricky footing on some of the front nine.
Other Thoughts: If you are in the area don't miss this course. You will appreciate the layout and the typically very well maintained course. Make sure to bring some water on hot days because the back nine offers little in the way of shade. Also, for those who play here more often you should try the "alternate" tees on #14 and #15 (90 degrees from the teepad up on the hill by the road, and by the two huge telephone poles at the edge of the soccer field respectively). Just look for the 2 worn down dirt patches and get an entirely different drive for these 2 holes. Personally I think these two teepads are far more fun but are definitely a little shorter (more so on #15).

B+ for Bery Bery Nice Traditional Course

5+    6/19/2006   5/26/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == A-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == A-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == C-

Wicked Good Course!!!!!

5+    2/18/2009   3/23/2009
Review By: ShortBusDiscGolf
Pros: I love this course. It challenges you in so many different ways. Opens with a need for placement and quickly turns to accuracy over power. Well executed skill shots(Overhands, Anhyzers, Turnovers, Big-D.) are rewarded. But, make a wrong move and you could be in a world of hurt. With multiple pin positions, this course has the ability to keep up the excitement round after round. O.B. in very intelligent places helps keep your game super honest. Last few holes are a a test of your distance and accuracy. NOT a 'Gimmie' course; but, play well and you'll be rewarded.
Cons: Footing on the course(not teepads) can be really tricky after a good rain. If you get a little too wild on your drive on Hole 4 you could wind up in the Savannah River......Bye-bye disc. Other than that, I really can't think of much that i thought needed changing.
Other Thoughts: The best course in the Augusta Disc Golf Club area is actually in N.Augusta, S.C. Riverview Rules!!!!!!!!

2-4    2/4/2009   2/4/2009
Review By: Marc B.
Pros: Nice layout, nice park. Elevation on many holes with techinal shots required. Steep drop-offs overlooking Savannah River. Some very cool holes on this course. A great challenge for all skill levels. Well kept and one of the better courses in Augusta.
Cons: Errant shots near steep drop-offs can be hazardous for your disc.

5+    12/31/2008   1/1/2009
Review By: jimbob9631
Pros: Drastic elevation changes make coarse technical but fun to play. Well taken care of and in great condition all the time.
Cons: Thick brush on almost every hole make it difficult to find and retrieve any disk that may stray from the fairway.
Other Thoughts: Great coarse for all range of players. Beginners may need to be a little more cautious of letting disks stray from the fairway because from personal experience it is a pain to try to find a disk that has gone into the woods which are pretty thick. Also be careful if it has just rained, the steep hills are clay and get pretty slick.

NICE

3/23/2008   3/23/2008
Review By: mreed12
Pros: Little bias it is my home course. Right handers course. Has a little of everything, tight and open. Big drives are a must!
Cons: You are either deep in the woods or wide open, no middle ground. The kudzu can get really bad.
Other Thoughts: Have fun it is technical but can be very foregiving.

1 2 3 Next >