Junction City, KS
Rock Springs 4-H Center Share
Uploaded By: Chained Evil Hole #6 (Taken 3/2013)

A nice little surprise

2-4    3/30/2013   3/30/2013
Review By: Chained Evil
Pros: This nice little short course was better than I thought it was going to be. I thought coming in that is was going to be a pitch and putt, but there were some really good lines on several of the holes. It plays quick and there were a nice mix of up hill(#7) and downhill(#8) holes. This course provides an nice little challenge for an intermediate advanced level player and will give a a good chance to work on your midrange game. There is even a wide open hole on #3 so you can air it out a bit.
There was some nice educational information about the trees that line the right side of the hole on #2 that I thought added a nice touch. This course is a good entry level course and I'm sure it was intended to introduce the game to the 4-H campers.
Cons: Hole #9 was under construction upon our visit, see the pics, therefore we didn't get to play it. It looked like a nice challenge and it was too bad that we missed out on the chance to play this hole. I would imagine that it would be a little hectic trying to play here while there were kids attending camps here.
Not a big con but if there were people at camp during the time that you were playing there is a possibility that you could hit someone walking on the sidewalk on hole #4, so be aware.
Natural tees could be an issue after a hard rain so traction would be an issue. You won't need a super long run up on these holes but slipping and sliding on the tees is not fun.
Other Thoughts: I came into this course thinking it was going to be a little pitch and putt around a nice little grass field, and was really happy that it was better than I expected. As an intermediate/advanced player I had fun playing this course. I'm sure a pro would want to skip this course because they would be bored here. Its a good course to teach the game to people that have never played while giving them a challenge at the same time. Its off the beaten path a bit, and not a must play, but if you are in the area and want a nice little challenging midrange course that will make you think a little bit then give this course a play.
I'm glad we stopped by and wished there was this kind of activity at the camps that I went to in the summer.

Rock Springs 4H

1    7/11/2012   7/13/2012
Review By: Tschudi
Pros: Wide open, not a lot of areas to lose discs. Good course to learn on, probably will be going back to learn more.
Cons: Kids were at camp but were not in the way. One hole was closed because a tent was in the way.
Other Thoughts: First time playing disc golf, decent course for a beginer like my wife and I.