Gresham, OR
Uploaded By: gwillim Hole #8

Well...

1    9/19/2011   9/20/2011
Review By: b-mart
Pros: The teepads are concrete and the baskets are spectacular. The course is decently designed, with many of the trees in the park coming into play.
Cons: There is zero elevation change here. The "hill" on hole 6 doesn't count. I only saw one sign, which was on hole 1. The holes were laughably short. Although I may not be considered a "beginner" anymore, scoring birdies on three of the holes is unheard of for someone with my range. The other park users seemed to all be drug addicts, and were absolutely offended that a disc might come within 20 yards of them.
Other Thoughts: I was unimpressed with this course. I'd only thrown a par round once in my life, and threw this course to a -3 with a mediocre round. Being told by a park user that my disc "could have killed" them was a huge turnoff when they were sitting in a fairway. If I lived in Gresham I would play Vance through 18 before I would move on to this park, but if I were in a rush I would hit this one. This just seemed like a typical beginner 9 hole, which just isn't challenging enough for a player who is visiting. Hole 9 was worth a look due to the trees directly facing the teepad, but so short that I nearly aced it. I was able to leave my bag in my car and play through with just two discs.

5+    4/30/2010   5/3/2010
Review By: JMONEY
Pros: Practice basket, concrete tee pads, restrooms, H2O and FREE!
Cons: Usually crowded with locals everyday all day! Residents that border the course may not return or even allow you in their yard to retrieve it. Tagging along side the fence and tee pad signs have been vandalized or missing. Some holes have multiple baskets in view from the tee pad giving uncertainty on which one to shoot for.
Other Thoughts: A small neighborhood park making the most of what they have! One block away is Vance Park (another 9 hole course) can easily do both to make it an 18 hole outing. Good place to learn or just hone your skills. Lack of signs on this course isn't really a problem since there is always a local that can aim you in the right direction. This is a great course to play if you have to get your fix in a short time.

Time to play

7/28/2007   12/5/2007
Review By: Thunder3434
Pros: Great for a lunch break round.
Cons: Basket are old. Very small park. Short holes.
Other Thoughts: Nice new course two blocks down the street.