Corbett, OR
Rooster Rock - East Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #5 (Taken 12/2013)

Stick to the west course!

1    4/8/2010   4/9/2010
Review By: sillybizz
This review was updated on 11/24/2010
Pros: Hole number five is fun.
Tee pads are concrete.
Baskets are in good shape.
Navigation is simple.
Two courses on site.
Elevation comes in to play.
Cons: Even in winter/early spring there is so much under brush and so little fairway that hunting for discs is almost on a throw by throw basis. There are a couple of baskets placed on the side of cliffs and the basket as well as the cliffs can't be seen from the tee box so you have no idea of this when you throw your tee shot, in fact every hole on the course with the exception of hole four is a blind pin.

I'm usually not one who whines about too much luck but there are not many holes to this course that are skilled throws. You can make a perfect shot and hit the fairway (a two foot wide walking path) and watch the disc skip three feet into the bushes and either be looking for it for fifteen minutes or be behind a tree or whatever but you will be in a bush and praying for a three. I'm alright with bad throws getting punished but I'm NOT alright with good throws being punished for no reason.
Other Thoughts: I say avoid this place like the plague and just play Rooster Rock West a couple of times.

Anything But A Typical State Park Course!

7/6/2008   7/13/2008
Pros: This is one of most uniquely, designed courses I've played. With that said, I agree with most of what all previous reviewers had to say about it. Start with the risk/reward factor. Playing by myself, I passed over #'s 3, 8 & 9 simply because I didn't want to chance the risk of losing a disc or spending a large amount of time searching over the endless banks. On the other hand, # 4 is a classic hole, 201' almost straight downhill. I really enjoyed the five holes I played. All were short technical throws. The teepads are great. I had no troubling navigating the course by myself.
Cons: The nettles were about five feet tall, they were ugly! # 3, is a 287' ridiculously tight fairway all the way to the hole with ugly rough on a steep drop off on the left side. # 2 is 254' luckout throw through the trees. I got a 2 but could have just as easily gotten a 4. gwillim sums these holes up pretty well with one word, unrealistic! # 8 is a 334' foot hole with a deep, dark rough on the left all the way down just waiting to gobble up your disc.
Other Thoughts: Rooster Rock East reminds me a lot of Dabney. A fairly good shot could hit a tree, carom left never to be seen again. I'm not a huge fan of disc eating courses and this is one of the most discyist eating courses I've seen. It should come with a warning label, "WARNING-PLAYING THIS COURSE CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR DISCS." And to once again agree with the renowed reviewer, gwillim, this is not a course I would choose to compete in a tournament on.