5 Helpful / 1 Not
Technical, Challenging, Awesome
Pros: This course has a lot to offer. It is set in some awesome woods, lots of trees and elevation. The holes all have their own unique feel, which makes it hard to get bored here. Hole one is the only hole to let rip, try to get to the large path at the far end of the tree line for a good approach. Hole 4 I would say is the signiture hole, about a 175 ft horizontal, but about 120 vertical drop! Challenges even the best of players on most holes. You will be forced to throw shots you may have never tried before, or give you lines that are way out of your.comfort zone. It is nice and secluded, so dont worry about big waits, and the difficulty will definately keep the rif raf away.
Cons: This course can be brutal. Miss throw by even a foot and you could be completely out of play for an approach, or lost in the dense brush. I would reccomend a spotter if you have a few people with you. As most of the tee shots are blind, I found myself having to hike up the fairway to find out where I was going, which is a pain, but with noone rushing behind you its not bad since most pins are visable from 50 feet past the tee.
Other Thoughts: If you are in the mood for a challenging 9 holes this is the ticket. Low ceiling shots, teeshots over hills and tight lines and fairways abound. The course seems to be wearing itself into the landscape, in a year or so I could see the fairways opening up a little and the course being much more forgiving.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: * Good cement tees.
* Great baskets
* Easy to navigate
* immaculate bathrooms on site
* never gets that crowded
* Benches and some trash cans
* no wind, exept hole 1.
* lots of trees and elevation
* Fun obsticles (downed tree on hole 5, bombs away on hole 4, drive over a chasm on hole 7.
* hole 4,5,6,7 are all pretty easy to birdie, for making up strokes on 1,3,8, which are pretty easy to double bogey.
Cons: * No Tee signs
* Almost every hole is a blind tee shot.
* The only holes to bomb it on are 1,3,8. The rest are very short. 3,8 require pinpiont accuracy off the tee.
* Hole 8,9 don't throw to the left, there is a steep cliff with 6 foot tall stinging nettles.
* hole 8 should be par 4.
* Stinging nettles and underbrush, (throw low, and spot your discs.)
* $5 to park, but I recommend getting a year pass for $30, you can play at all of oregons state parks including, Rooster, Dabney, Milo, Dexter, and more.
Other Thoughts: The Number one reason why I spend so much time here is the seclusion. I like taking my time and kicking a couple back while I throw. If you wanna avoid the large groups with no etiquette, and play a rather challenging but rewarding course, this is it.
6 of 8 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 1 Not
Are you ready for RR east?
- Challenging with high risk/reward shots
- Great flow and easy to play without a map
- Amazing use of elevation
- Unique hole design with lots of variety and no boring holes
- Great cement pads
- Great Mach 5 baskets
- Benches at every hole
- Beautiful scenery
- Very secluded and not windy in the trees
- Can be frustrating in the rough
- Errant shots can result in lost plastic
Other Thoughts: I have always considered this course to be very unique and remains one of my favorites. I can understand why people don't like it because of the challenge and frustration but I say go play it again. There is nothing like pulling off that lazer drive down the hallway on hole 3 or floating one down under the basket on hole 4. Team this course up with the west nine and Dabney and you got yourself a great day of disc golf in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.
Favorite hole: #8 - A 395' side-hill hole with a deep dip in the middle and trees on both sides. Don't go right up the hill but really don't go left into the ravine. This fairway requires a nice finesse shot, preferably a clean left to right landing at the top of the ridge. The only hole with a more treacherous ravine of the course is hole 9.
7 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.