Wide Open as far as the eye can see
Pros: Good long holes to test drives. Wide open space for learning new disc. Couple of good holes over the ravines.
Cons: I would say it had terrible signs if it had any but I can't cause there are none. Some holes don't even have pads to throw from so you just kind of look for a well beaten spot to throw from. Of the 20+ holes prob only 4 have any character at all, its really just wide open.
Other Thoughts: I only went so low cause its so hard to navigate. Be sure to download and print the .pdf scorecard from Wabash Disc Golf Club before going here. Otherwise, you will be throwing all over the place at the wrong holes. This place would be great if it just had a little character, but then again I do enjoy going here directly with a new disc.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
well...it is a course....
Pros: - There are baskets and most of them are in good shape. Which is more than I can say for some of the courses that I have played.
- There are tee pads. They are rubber, but at least they are there. if you had to throw off of the grass in this place, it would be unplayable.
- It's a course and it has 21 holes.
- the baskets are numbered.
Cons: - Zero signs. Not, "hey, there should be more signs on this course." As in, there isn't one single sign on this course. We found 1 tee on accident, as the tee pad sits in the middle of an overgrown field with zero markings. There are no "this way to next tee" or "you are throwing at this basket" or "start here" or anything in the way of a sign. Nothing. good luck knowing where you are throwing.
- this place isn't mowed. and since most of the holes sit in the middle of a wide open field, most of your game is just finding your disc again after your shot. And when I say it isn't mowed, I mean just that. It's not "a little" long, this is knee deep grass. no skips, no rollers, no accidental help on a bad throw...the disc hits and sticks in the grass and then you get to find it! Yuck.
- the tee pads are about a foot wide and rubber. not a fan of the rubber pads anyway, but these weren't good at all. plus, as I mentioned before, they were almost impossible to find in the super high grass. we missed a couple of them.
- not a ton of variety in the shots. most shots are you trying to find the right basket to throw to (walking to the poles and finding the number) and then finding your disc in the tall grass of the "fairway". They are sort of long (minus hole 2 which is super long AND has VERY high grass. so it plays even longer) and sit in the wide open.
Other Thoughts: Until there are some sort of signs put on this course, this is pretty much unplayable. I don;t like playing a course where I don't know which basket I am supposed to be shooting to, or where the next tee pad is or where to even start playing!
print out a map, take a local or just go play a different course. it really isn't worth playing this course unless you have no other options.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.