1 Helpful / 0 Not
Unhappy to Pay to Play
Pros: This was not a terrible course, but not one of my favorites by any means. The positive sides of this course are as follows:
- I enjoy a big drive and I have a big arm, so the ability to grip and rip was fun.
- There were nice facilities throughout for seating, ice cold water, and good restrooms at the pro shop.
- There were some fun challenging holes that made you choose to go big or lay up. I went big a couple of times and paid for it by losing my favorite approach/overhand disc (Innova Leopard)
Cons: Now, the cons. I hate to rate a disc golf course negatively because it is really exciting to see how the sport is growing and becoming more mainstream, but I don't want you to be too excited about playing this course.
- The grip and rip I listed as a pro would be much better if you didn't feel like you'd die on the slippery tee pads.
- There are golfers there and the course follows the actual golf holes exactly. The tee pads are off to the side of the golf tee pads and the baskets are somewhere near the green (usually).
- The course is terrible after a rain, which is supprising because it's a golf course. I went after a moderate rain the day before and it was sloshy all over.
- Not that one would expect a lot of elevation change with a course in cental Florida, but you should make up for that with interesting challenges on your fairway design. Since this is a golf course you won't get any big hyzer or anhyzer shots here to diversify your round.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I would not play this course again. If you live in the area you might as well go to say you played, but if you're traveling through and are looking for a fun round I would recommend North East Coachman Park. That is a very diverse course and a lot of fun. It seems like a local favorite because I have played there a few times and it always has a lot of people playing (both novice and advanced).
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.