Course Extinct
Dunedin, FL
Saint Andrews Links Golf Course Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #3 (Taken 9/2009)

Coronas Carts and Lost Discs

1    8/3/2009   8/4/2009
Review By: slifritz
Pros: Just to witness and participate and play along side ball golfers and drive a cart while sipping on cold libations was deluxe.
Cons: Tee pads were a bit slippy in the morning dew at 7:30 am and certainly effected by the aforementioned PRO of having legal drink.
Other Thoughts: The water was not easily disc retrievable nor inviting..even if you were to decide to go in after your favorite disc you thought for sure you could clear the mere 306 feet of water in front of the pin with!!!

Fun for a change of pace

5/28/2005   5/28/2008
Review By: denny ritner
Pros: Fly-18 course on an executive golf course. Carts are available. A couple picuresque holes involving water.

Almost no schule.
Cons: Overly crusher-friendly. Only one set of tees (blue/gold level). Very little technical skill required. A bit of strategy comes into play for those that can drive over 400 ft., but it's fairly boring for those that can't.
Other Thoughts: A couple quick notes that pertain to all my course reviews:

I don't use a numerical "system" for coming up with a final rating, such as 20% for aesthetics, 20% for challenge, 30% for safety, and 50% for amenities, or the like, except for the fact that I automatically deduct .5 for all 9-hole courses. I've established a base "criteria" based on the fact that more courses will receive a 3 than any other rating. I've created my number standards by grouping "like calibre" courses together and then comparing them to other groups of courses.

A few things that do weigh heavily in my mind are ease of course navigation, degree of nasty schule, likelihood of losing discs, degree of on-course crime, property aesthetics, hole variety, and good score distribution for a standardized gold, blue, white, or red skill level.

Using the 1-5 scale with a "normal" distribution in mind, most courses will fall in the 2.5-3.5 range and nearly all courses will fall in the 2-4 range. I believe that we've yet to create a "5" disc golf course. With that in mind, my highest rating rating given thus far is a 4.5, given to Idlewild. I'll never give an "all par 3's" course higher than a 4 rating.

My reviews are not meant to hurt the feelings of any designers and/or clubs, but I honestly believe that some of our courses do more harm for the sport than good. These courses have received ratings in the 0-1 range.