Georgetown, TX
San Gabriel Park Share
Uploaded By: Cody Hole #8 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / 234ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #8 Tee: Along-side the creek and through some trees

This is my home course

5+    8/9/2011   8/10/2011
Review By: Turner512
Pros: Great changes in distance a little elevation change but not much. Hole one is fun to drive on and if you have a big arm its good open practice for your slower discs. Hole two is excellent design, over a creek, clear a hill, land past or in between two large oaks.I love pointing the basket out to new players. Hole three is short and a good ace opportunity with a couple angles around well placed trees and a basket just over a creek. Hole four is long but holds obstacle enough to stop you after just over 300 feet, a well placed shot after can land you birdie. Hole five is short and simple but can be damaging if the creek is full. Hole six is awesome basket placement. I haven't seen a basket placed directly in between two trees with only inches of leeway any where else. Hole seven Is a nice dive with a great hill and basket placement. Hole eight is short but requires a little accuracy with some annoying trees. Hole nine is down a hill and is very open. I love to play hole one and nine for a short bit of practice and if you only have a few minutes you can play a short circuit with holes one, two, three, eight, and nine. The course is in a figure eight witch allows quick play.Excellent 9 hole.
Cons: A little easy and not to much variety.
Other Thoughts: This course has a special place in my heart. I recommend it for Georgetown and Round Rock players looking for a fun and quick place to play.

Pretty good re-design

5+    4/30/2009   4/30/2009
Review By: Cody
This review was updated on 3/5/2010
Pros: All the tees are very easy to find and marked with posts after the re-design; still dirt though.
Glad they at least have one amateur par 4 on it which is # 4.
I like the openness as before, and there still are a few tighter shots to be had in that rolling field of old oaks.
Cons: My only gripe is that I wish they would've put the # 7 basket where # 5 used to be; the tee is the same though. There's no reason that they couldn't and it would've added ~80' more to the hole making it an amatuer par 4, in my book anyways, (just like # 5 used to be). # 8 really wasn't a par 4 before, so I guess we still wind up with the same overall par anyway.
Other Thoughts: I just corrected the measurements and par for each hole today by using the very scientific method of "big steps" ( 1 big step = 1 yard). Feel free to re-measure if you've got better methods than that....

1    2/22/2009   2/22/2009
Review By: biggio1
Pros: It had very nice dirt tees, well nice for dirt. some length and trees. A nice creek that was dry when I played. Was easy to navigate.
Cons: Was a little difficult to find at first but we got there.
Other Thoughts: Very close to the awesome Rivery Park. About 3-4 miles.

5+    7/15/2008   7/16/2008
Review By: sidewinding
This review was updated on 12/17/2009
Pros: A beautiful little course on rolling hills (elevation changes) and massive live oak trees (low canopies and great shade) along a seasonal creek (water hazards on 7 of 9 holes after a rain).

Hole #2 has become my favorite hole of the new design but #3, #4, #6, #7, and #7 are also excellent holes.

The only good thing about the re-design is that the course now starts and finishes at the parking area.

The course is always mowed and never crowded.
Cons: Dirt tee pads.

The signs have no info other than hole #.

No trash cans.

#1, #5, #6, and #9 are now just short, wide open holes that just don't offer the challenge that this course did before it was re-designed.
Other Thoughts: With the re-design I had to lower my rating from excellent to good.