1 Helpful / 0 Not
Not horrible,but not great
Pros: 1) Disc golf sign at the parking lot directing you to the first tee. Signs like this help the disc golfers out and they also promote the sport to the rest of the park users. Otherwise people might not even know there is disc golf in the park.
2) Signs that have a general layout on them and the distance. Better than nothing.
3) Mach baskets are in pretty good shape. They have the number plates but because of the redesign it was hard to figure out which was which.
4) This course has the biggest oldest Hawthorn tree I have ever seen in my life. If you were to try and climb this tree, you might not dislodge yourself from some of the thorns. It was immense and dangerous, I was kidnof surprised I didn't see like 10 discs stuck up there.
5)This course is somewhat challenging. This is also a negative below, but at least making birdies isn't easy on every hole.
6) This courses biggest asset is the elation changes that it uses. There are some fun ripper holes and even an uphiller that dramatically shortens your drive because of the hill.
7) Trees are also available on every hole. Some of the trees are in akward spots, but a lot of time it is simply to help protect the basket, or protect the tee from an errant throw. Without the trees this course would be very mundane.
8) Beginner friendly from the standpoint that the holes aren;t super long and the risk of losing a disc is not real high.
9) I liked the arrows that were placed on top of the teeposts pointing to the basket. I think those had all been updated since the baskets had been changed.
Cons: 1) #1 basket is blind from the tee and there are dense shrubs about 5' away from the basket on 65% of the circle. The open 35% is on the left side which means you do not want to RHBH hyzer it around the trees liek I did. It's the only reason I didn't make birdie. I was 10' away but totally blocked from one of the shrubs. I think it need to be more clear as to the shape of the hole, or at the very least, bring the shrubs up slightly to allow for a low putt through them.
2) One thing or another on this course simply leave the holes feeling goofy. There are awkwardly placed trees and shrubs, there are blind shots, the layout is somewhat goofy even after it appears that the course has been altered recently. I enjoyed playing but I certainly felt a little akwardness about this design and the lay of the course.
3) Crossing fairways and tees throwing directly over other tees or baskets. Holes 3, 4, 5, and 6 had been changed to throw to different baskets. This redesign makes more sense than the original but it is also still somewhat goofy. I would simply have moved the baskets around, it can't be that hard to dig up the concrete sleeves and move them.
5) Natural teepads can create foot planting issues, but at least they werent wore downt o gravel and dirt.
Other Thoughts: All in all this course was allright. it was fun to play, but also annoying at the same time. Playing it another time would certainly help me overcome some of the awkwardness.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.