0 Helpful / 1 Not
Shuster and Sweet
Pros: 1) I am a sucker for short tight and technical courses . . . so I was hooked right away.
2) Elevation change is essential to this design . . . it makes the tight wooded holes even more fun and challenging.
3) Nice use of the flowing river and also what looks like a drainageway on the first few holes . . . not always running water, but I thin it adds come character to the holes.
4) Good variety in tree usage and foliage density . . . some slightly more open with key trees, some tight tight tight and technical, some parklike holes with turfed areas and only a couple of obstacles to avoid.
5) Decent concrete teepads . . . always a plus . . .especially in winter.
6) SIgns have Hole #, Par, Distance and the holes are short enough you can usually figure out the general layout of the hole from the tee.
7) Challenge is everpresent even on the open holes . . . the wooded holes might require a little luck, but if you execute a good shot you will be reqrded usually.
Cons: 1) Requires a little too much luck on a few shots . . .I wouldn't recommend cutting trees down and opening the course right up, but you do need luck on a few shots to avoid a couple late trees.
2) Baskets are homemade and aren't just the quality I would like to see, but this is an old park and a small town so it will do just fine for here.
3) No garbage cans available, but the course seemed pretty clean regardless.
4) A couple of dangerous areas for park users, vehicles, etc . . .it is an old course when less land was needed back in the day but not anymore, perhaps some screens wether natural or unnatural should be put up . . . or baskets or tees moved.
5) A few areas where compaction and erosion are taking place . . . all in all not bad, but it is noticable . . . probably because it is an old old course.
6) Missing basket on either #12 or #15. . . it hink #12 was missing so we played to #15 instead.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course . . . old, historic, wooded, technical, elevation, creek/drainageways, and lots of trees . . . all in all it has enough to bring me back . . . nothing so memorable to make it an unmissable hole, but when you hit your line and park a few of the baskets you will remember that shot you executed perfectly. That is rewarding too!
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.