Shuster and Sweet
Pros: 1) I am a sucker for short tight and technical courses . . . so I was hooked right away.
2) Elevation change is essential to this design . . . it makes the tight wooded holes even more fun and challenging.
3) Nice use of the flowing river and also what looks like a drainageway on the first few holes . . . not always running water, but I thin it adds come character to the holes.
4) Good variety in tree usage and foliage density . . . some slightly more open with key trees, some tight tight tight and technical, some parklike holes with turfed areas and only a couple of obstacles to avoid.
5) Decent concrete teepads . . . always a plus . . .especially in winter.
6) SIgns have Hole #, Par, Distance and the holes are short enough you can usually figure out the general layout of the hole from the tee.
7) Challenge is everpresent even on the open holes . . . the wooded holes might require a little luck, but if you execute a good shot you will be reqrded usually.
Cons: 1) Requires a little too much luck on a few shots . . .I wouldn't recommend cutting trees down and opening the course right up, but you do need luck on a few shots to avoid a couple late trees.
2) Baskets are homemade and aren't just the quality I would like to see, but this is an old park and a small town so it will do just fine for here.
3) No garbage cans available, but the course seemed pretty clean regardless.
4) A couple of dangerous areas for park users, vehicles, etc . . .it is an old course when less land was needed back in the day but not anymore, perhaps some screens wether natural or unnatural should be put up . . . or baskets or tees moved.
5) A few areas where compaction and erosion are taking place . . . all in all not bad, but it is noticable . . . probably because it is an old old course.
6) Missing basket on either #12 or #15. . . it hink #12 was missing so we played to #15 instead.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course . . . old, historic, wooded, technical, elevation, creek/drainageways, and lots of trees . . . all in all it has enough to bring me back . . . nothing so memorable to make it an unmissable hole, but when you hit your line and park a few of the baskets you will remember that shot you executed perfectly. That is rewarding too!
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.