Fairmont, WV
Seth Burton Memorial DGC Share

Great Course!

1    7/17/2012   7/18/2012
Review By: Mac Attack
Pros: This is an unreal disc golf course and I feel lucky to be able to live so close to it! I mean really it doesn't get much better than this. Mowed fairways, tee signs on every hole, Pro & Am pads available for every hole, challenging layouts, multiple pin placements on every hole, water available on a couple holes, old growth, & plenty of shade. WVDGA is really to thank for course with on going maintenance and upkeep. This course is in my top ten for sure and you would be crazy not to play it if you have the chance!
Cons: The only thing I would have to say is watch for joggers, walkers & pets. They are around and the course is built on a walking loop so please be aware of other people discs hurt!
Other Thoughts: I wish there was a 2 day tourney here once a year.

Mountain Goat

2-4    3/18/2010   3/19/2010
Review By: slmcdonald21
Pros: Excellent course that forces you to forehand, backhand, hammer, roll, and any other throw you can think of to get a great score. The course had a good variety of let-it-rip holes and tight precision holes. Several of the holes are rather intimidating like #8 and #9. #8 is only 231ft, but it is the steepest uphill shot I have ever had to make. Hole 9 is just as steep, but it is downhill. The slightest mistake will have your disc sailing OB.
Cons: They were out of score cards when I went, so I did not have access to a map. It was very easy to get lost between a few holes. I luckily found a scorecard that had fallen out of someone's bag. The map makes it some easier.
Other Thoughts: It is WV, so you feel like a mountain goat while traversing the course. Be prepared to be worn out at the end of your round. Make sure you have good shoes.
The locals obviously care about their course and maintain it well.

A great place to play

5+    9/21/2008   9/30/2008
Review By: chris deitzel
This review was updated on 9/26/2014
Pros: Great mix of holes that will challenge your accuracy. 2 sets of tees and pins allow all levels of players an enjoyable time at this course. Another great Johnny Sias designed course. The Orange Crush course is in the same park as this course, which makes for a great day of disc golf. One of my favorite places to play. Cool old park with giant trees and neat stonework and other cool features.

I bumped up my rating to a 4.5 after playing here again recently. I've played about 50 rounds on this course over the years and I absolutely love it. One of my favorite courses of all time. With the 2 sets of permanent pins, the course gives you everything you could ever need in a course. This truly is one of the best courses in the world. Orange Crush is awesome, but hard to maintain. The original Seth Burton is just a classic Johnny Sias designed course that is usually perfectly manicured.

Cons: The whole course slopes to the right. OB road on every hole (not a con, but it's there)
Other Thoughts: If you are ever driving on I-79 through West Virginia, you should most definitely stop and play the 2 courses in this park. You will not regret it. The Seth Burton Course is one of the most enjoyable places to play disc golf that I know of. The locals are cool people too, so check out their webpage and try to play in their league or events.

www.wvdiscgolf.org