Bloomington, IN
Sherwood Oaks Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #9 (Taken 9/2012)

Great for Beginners

5+    1/13/2010   1/13/2010
Review By: Papa T
Pros: Tees and baskets are in great shape. Tees are cement providing great traction, and baskets are fairly new/finished well.

Course is well kept and very neat.

Most of the holes are short, but the one upside to this course is the differing elevation changes. A few of the holes rise or fall considerably. There is also one tunnel hole, and a couple holes around 300-350 feet.
Cons: There are only nine holes, with a few being under 200 feet. This is a beginner/practice course. Don't expect to be challenged.

I also think a lot more could be done with this course. There is room for 18 holes if the owners were a bit more creative. And it could certainly be more challenging. It's hard to not be pessimistic when there is so much room and so little creativity.
Other Thoughts: This is a very solid beginner/practice course. I owe a significant amount of my development, especially with putting, to this course.

I will say this, I have played it upwards of 100 times. Quite frankly, it has become boring for me. I will only play it I only have time for a quick round, or I am helping some beginners.

If you are looking for a more challenging course, check out Crestmont Park. It is only 10 minutes away.