St. Ignace, MI
Silver Mountain Share
Uploaded By: volklgirl Hole #13 (Taken 6/2009)
Hole #13 Blue Tee

Fun, but buggy

1    8/11/2014   8/13/2014
Review By: glassila
Pros: 1. I felt there was a nice variety of holes, nothing cookie cutter going on here.
2. Really awesome views on a few holes.
3. Innova baskets with local ad banners on the upper rings.
4. I loved the elevation changes, which might be a negative to some people. It was not an up-down-up-down situation like I have seen at some ski hill courses.
5. It appeared that the fairways had been recently mowed.
Cons: 1. The biggest issue for me was the mosquitos. I figured by mid-August they would have died off...nope.
2. Quite a few of the tee markers are knocked down and scattered. One set of red markers are backed up to a steep bushy area. Not sure if someone did it as a joke or not.
3. It is about a 2 minute walk from the parking lot to tee #1. On the other hand, hole 18 ends up at the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: Fun course that would love to play in the fall when the mosquitos are gone.

Not good, not bad, just kinda....

1    8/2/2013   8/2/2013
Review By: nickrockey
Pros: +Signs are awesome here
+I like the hilly terrain
+Holes 1 and 2 were a lot of fun
+The very tight and narrow fairways were
mowed and clean
+Really easy to find
+Mostly long narrow tunnel shots
+Some of the views are great!
+Not too far down US2
Cons: -Even though the fairways were mowed, the
rough was just too thick
-Too many narrow fairways
-Chances are losing a disc are really good!
-The 600' bomber hole was not mowed and
you were almost certain to lose ANOTHER
disc
-Risk vs. reward just wasn't here
-Mostly long narrow tunnel shots
Other Thoughts: ^I thought this course was 'ok', I will probably
play it again but only because it's not too far
^Bug spray is a must! You may get carried
away by the skeeters!
^Not a great course for a righty backhand
like myself. I did not take away points
because of that but I didn't feel like it was a
good mix.
^I guess I feel like good options because of the topography were missed.
^Watch for poison ivy! Quite abit of it!
^Overall I would say if you are in the area,
it is worth a stop but I wouldn't plan a trip just to play it!

Has some issues...

1    9/4/2009   9/8/2009
Review By: setebos
Pros: Very, very nice signage and layout - they actually had maps of the course near the first hole. Some extremely challenging uphill and narrow shots; this course kicked my ass.
Also some really fun extreme downhill shots.
Cons: I played the course around noon and got absolutely soaked from the dewey ground. Mosquitos were really out of control too; these 2 factors combined to make a fairly unpleasant experience. Not to mention the fact I was playing like absolute poo. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to go back to this course.

Bring your old stuff

1    6/7/2006   10/29/2008
Review By: RonRoc
This review was updated on 4/14/2010
Pros: Nice views, nice baskets, good workout, holes are laid out nicely with a good variety of shots, with some long ones mixed in. We were able to navigate around pretty easily.
Cons: My number one complaint is that if you bring your good discs, prepare to beat them up. Many of the holes are covered by gravel and rock. On those holes it seems like you are throwing on a parking lot or against a brick wall. Where there was grass, it was pretty high and full of bugs and crazy spiders. We lost a disc on 3 or 4? (White XS). Not too many other complaints, I don't expect many moderate to beginner players enjoying this place.
Other Thoughts: There was not a soul around (kinda erie), until the French guy showed up just as we were leaving and we talked to him for a while, nice guy.

1    7/5/2008   7/7/2008
Review By: sgamerp
This review was updated on 4/23/2012
Pros: This place was a lot of fun. The first few hole were nice and easy to bring the game in and then added a lot of challenge. Some good down hill ones.
Cons: Can be kind of confusing following all the holes, and it looks like someone needs to come clean a few holes up because even it you get to near the basket itself, you can still have a hell of a time finding it.
Other Thoughts: It's easy to find discs here because the grass is so high, but it's also very easy to lose them. ***BRING BUG SPRAY.****

I think this place has been change don layout since I played this place.