Franklin, KY
Uploaded By: Joey

Unplayable

1    6/13/2009   6/13/2009
Review By: bjreagh
Pros: There are baskets. I physically saw baskets 1-6, and 8-9.
Cons: I don't know where to begin- almost everything is horrible about this course, making it virtually unplayble:

I was unable to find the first tee. There are no teepads, only small signs, and I was only able to find the signs for holes #2-#4. The open field holes were ridiculously overgrown- there were no fairways, just thick grass everywhere from knee high to waist high, making it very difficult to find your disc, see the basket, or see the next tee sign. The wooded holes had no definitive fairway, in fact I found almost every basket, but could not find any tees, which proves how bad fairways are if you are standing at each basket and can't get any idea of which direction is the tee. The paths in the woods were frequently blocked by trees and overgrowth.

Navigation was insane. There is no map, no additional signs, the woods area had numerous paths, presumably for walking/hiking, but there was no way to tell which ones were for disc golf. When I got to the point where I was unable to find the tee signs I was just walking in the woods hoping to find the next basket. I found most baskets so I expected to find a tee some where in between two baskets, but no luck. There were also a couple of spots on holes 1-3 where you had to cross this large ditch, which was full of water, and there were no places to cross. Also, the ground itself, was often marshy and muddy.

I did manage to see 7.5 of the 9 holes with my own eyes. I found #9 looking for tee #1. #2 was a pole and basket with no top or chains and had weeds growing up through it. I passed #8 somewhere along the way, but couldn't find it later because... I never saw #7 as there were several paths leading away from #6 and I wandered in the woods for a long time and actually got a little lost.
Other Thoughts: I tried really hard to "play" this course, but it was nearly impossible. I eventually decided just to walk it at first to get the navigation down, but I was unable even to do that. This course appears to be abandoned, and needs a lot of work. It could possibly be a average 9 hole course, but not as it was when I tried to play it.

I recommend avoiding trying to play it. Maybe in the winter when the grass and leaves are gone AND if you had a local that knew the course as a guide to help you, could you play this course.

I considered rating it a 0.0, but will give it 0.5 because the baskets are there and there is potential if some work was done to it.

Needs Work

8/5/2008   8/5/2008
Review By: joshwtuttle
Pros: Very fun, short course. Good practice and you can knock it out fairly quick. Totally in woods except for 2 holes. One hole along side a pond which is purdy.
Cons: Gone down hill a lot in the last year or so. I think since no one is playing it, the trails are growing up. Hate to see it in the shape it's in now.
Other Thoughts: I live nearby and I'm thinking about trying to do a little work on it to get it cleaned up again.

Waste of Time!!

4/16/2008   4/16/2008
Review By: ambroze
Pros: None to speak of at all. Only a 9 hole course with no tee pads and the signs are tore down.
Cons: Very terrible course! Don't waste your time. It's abandoned.